Ch.3-Dr.Blonde

A guy with red hair was stretched out on a bed like the ones in hospitals. He was shirtless, tight abs on full display; I had to turn my head so my captors wouldn't see me get flushed. But what had my stomach lurching, was the thick red blood which covered the lower part of his stomach and seeped into the fabric of his light wash jeans. Some had even dripped down onto the white bed sheets.

Another guy with fluffy blonde hair was leaning over him, a needle in hand with a string leading down to the guy's torso where he had already begun stitching up a two-inch gash.

Jimin, who was oblivious to my unusually pale complexion, hollered "damn, J-Hope, what happened?"

J-Hope, who had his arm laying across his eyes, answered, "I caught one of Exo's new recruits dealing in our territory. I tried to inform him of his mistake, but it turned out he had friends with him and they don't play by the rules"

Dealing? Territory? "are you guys some sort of gang?" I ask aloud.

At the sound of my voice, J-Hope and Dr. Blonde look over at me and stop.

"Jimin, why are you holding Mania like a wounded deer instead of in a chokehold?" Dr. Blonde asks carefully.

"oh yeah", Jimin glanced down at me like he just remembered I was in his arms "kook and I grabbed the wrong girl" he shrugged like it was no big deal, "so Lottie here is going to be staying with us for a while".

"uh, hi" I smiled and gave a small awkward wave.

"isn't she cute?" Jimin grinned and pulled me closer to his chest.

"she looks-" J-Hope started.

"yeah yeah. we've established that"

Dr. Blonde shook his head, "someone better warn Suga before he runs into her in the halls and carves her heart out with a rusty knife"

Suga. I remember that name from when I was in the basement. Jungkook had said he couldn't kill me because the privilege belongs to Suga. Who is this Mania girl that I apparently look just like? What could she have done to make these criminals hate her so much?

"you're probably right about that, V". Okay, so Dr. Blonde's name is V apparently. "anyway, she hurt her ankle trying to escape"

"I'll look at it in just a sec" Dr. - I mean V's hands worked quickly and smoothly in treating J-Hope.

Jimin's phone buzzed in his pocket. He brought me over to a chair and carefully set me down. He checked the text message and then let out a groan. "I gotta go"

my eyes widened and I looked up at him in alarm. We had only just become friends but I felt like I could trust him. Maybe it was the sweet smile or the playful teasing, he just didn't seem as cold-hearted as the others.

He must have recognized my discomfort because before leaving he added, "don't worry Lottie, V and J-Hope are really nice. They'll take good care of you", he then pointed to the two boys "guys, keep an on her, but no funny business, she's my wife".

After Jimin left, the three of us sat in silence while V concentrated on fixing J-Hope. Until I remembered that I never got an answer to my question. "so, you're a gang or something?"

"Yup, ever heard of Bangtan or BTS?" J-Hope asked.

I searched my brain, but neither of those names rang any bells. "I don't associate with gangs much, sorry"

They both smiled and V said, "good, that means we're doing our jobs right"

"what does that mean?"

"as a gang, we do illegal things. The fact that you've never heard of us, means we've never been caught," V taped a piece of white gauze over J-Hopes new stitches, "how do you think BTS, the gang with the largest hold on territory in the area, the most money, and the biggest drug distribution operation in the country, has managed to stay under the radar?" he turned around and raised an eyebrow at me.