Ch.6-Everybody Needs Training

"You want me to do what with you!?" I gave Jungkook an incredulous look, a fork full of scrambled eggs freezing halfway to my mouth.

"I don't want to do anything with you," he rolled his eyes standing over me as I sat alone at the kitchen table "this is a direct order from RM".

How obedient of you, I thought to myself.

"Unlike you, I'm not part of a gang" I shoved the eggs into my mouth, chewed, and swallowed before continuing. "I'm not a criminal, why would I need to know how to fight?" I asked. I wanted absolutely no part of this. I've never been in any sort of physical altercation in my life. There's no way I'm fighting any of these thugs, especially not the one who's threatened to kill me on several occasions! I'm not dumb.

"Everyone should know how to fight, especially a young girl" he gave me a stern look and crossed his arms over his chest, "what if you're alone one day and someone attacks you?"

I shrugged, "and when would that actually happen?" I sat up straight, and put on a sweet mocking smile, "I have common sense; I don't go out alone at night, I stay away from the sketchy parts of town, I don't associate with bad people" then under my breath I mumbled, "at least not by choice"

Jungkook leaned forward placing his hands on the table to support him, then when his face was mere inches from mine he raised one eyebrow, "did you forget how you ended up here, princess?"

I bit my lip; I guess he has a point there. My mind flashed back to the feeling of being terrified and completely defenseless, a shudder rolled down my spine. I don't want to ever feel that way again. I looked up into his dark eyes, the same eyes that had stared me down through my rear view mirror on the night my world turned into chaos.

I let out a groan, "fine".

He stood back up and looked down at me, "you didn't have a choice".

I scoffed.

"Change into comfortable clothes and then meet me in the gym in ten minutes" he turned and left the kitchen.

They have a gym?

***

"Are you even trying, Charlotte?" Jungkook asked, obviously annoyed by my lack of skills.

I was on my back on the blue mat floor, panting as I tried to catch my breath. Getting your butt whopped was exhausting. After finding the gym, which took a lot longer than I thought it would, my unhappy trainer had scolded me for being late. He then charged at me with no warning and knocked me to the floor. We've spent the last thirty minutes in an endless cycle of Jungkook screaming at me to 'get up' and then knocking me back down.

"I'm trying my hardest but it's not fair, you won't even give me a second to breath" I complained.

"do you know how I learned how to fight?" he asked, "by fighting" he threw a quick punch at the air as if there was an opponent standing in front of him, "in the streets, with people who didn't care if lived".

I sat up on my elbows, "I'm very sorry for you, Jungkook, but you chose this life. I didn't"

A sarcastic laugh came from his mouth as he crouched down on his heels in front of me, "you assuming I chose this lifestyle just proves that you're a spoiled brat who doesn't know anything about the real world".

Spoiled brat? Who does he think he is? "Oh really? And is that why you hate me so much?" I raised an eyebrow.

"It's one of the reasons" he looked down at the floor "I know your type" he spoke and then stood up and turned away from me. "You're so quick to judge us delinquents. To stick your noses up and say our lifestyle is wrong and we're all bad people for living like this" there's venom in his words as he speaks, "but you don't know anything, you haven't seen the struggles we've faced or felt our pain".