Goodbye (Optimus Prime X Human Reader {Continuation})

A/N: This is the continuation of the last one-shot of Optimus where the reader was conflicted about staying by his side or to avoid him at all costs. You guys commented on what you thought would be best and so here are the results. Drum roll please!

*Drum roll*

You guys voted on having the reader stay by Prime's side. And one of you guys made a comment on what you thought would be great for this and I also liked the idea. Well, I hope you all enjoy!

~~~~~~
Love. Love is something that was said to be one of the strongest emotions could have, according to your parents. To you it was just another emotion wasted. You had fallen in love with the leader of an alien robot faction but the two of you could never happen. Especially after learning that said alien robot already had a lover. Who was the alien robot, you ask? Optimus Prime is the alien robot. And who is his lover, you ask? Elita-One is the lover he thought died back on Cybertron. When said femme arrived to Earth Optimus hugged her so tight that jealousy bubbled in your chest. Why should you care that the bot you cared about so much was in love? You cared because you loved him. Even after him rejecting you. At least he wouldn’t be too emotionally attached to you when you passed away. Yeah you heard correctly.

You complained to Ratchet of pain in your joints, dizziness, and of the sudden loss of appetite. He tested your blood and diagnosed you with leukemia. So far no one except Ratchet knows of this. It’s been three months since the discovery and it’s gotten worse. You have a horrible fever that had kept you bedridden for about a week now. Ratchet checks up on you every hour and every time he checks his dermas fall into a frown. Like right now.

The medic stared at the temperature he had just taken and his frown sagged lower.

“What’s the matter doc? Did the thermometer do something bad?” You attempted to joke, only to end up coughing. The coppery taste of blood filled your mouth and dribbled down your chin. A towel was offered to you which you took and wiped your mouth with.

“Your temperature has gotten higher. It’s to the point that it could be life threatening to you.” Ratchet reported to you. “At this rate your body could shut down any minute now.”

“What are you implying Ratchet?” You asked.

“Tell the team. Tell Optimus, before it’s too late.” Ratchet boomed. There he goes again. Telling you that the team should know. You didn't ’want to tell them, but Ratchet was right. They have the right to know. Especially Optimus.

“How about you tell them? I can’t exactly move without falling to the ground sobbing in pain.” You added. The medic gave a curt nod before contacting the whole team, telling them to meet him outside of his infirmary.

A few minutes later the whole team was outside the doors of the infirmary. Bumblebee was the first to see you and seemed to panic at the condition you were in. You would panic too if you saw someone who looked as miserable and skinny as you did.

“Ratchet, what is happening to (y/n)?” Optimus’ baritone voice inquired the medic.

“She has a condition known as leukemia. She has a fever of a hundred and three degrees, weighs less than two-hundred pounds, and can’t stand anymore. To cut it short, she is dying.” Those three last words had half the team gasping and crying, the other half stood there silently in shock, and one fell to their knees in anguish. Optimus stood there in silence with wide optics. So many emotions flooded his optics as he stared at you. Seeing everyone so distraught had you feeling guilty and sad. Then your breathing became shortened. Except this time worse than the others. Your chest flooded with pain and you let out a hoarse groan. Ratchet was at your side immediately after he heard you groan. He saw your condition and started to panic.

“Slag! Her body’s shutting down! Everyone clear the area!” He ordered. Everyone except Optimus left. Optimus approached the side of your bed all while watching as Ratchet struggled to save you from your impending doom. Death.

“Ratchet, let her go.” Optimus ordered mournfully.

“No! I need to save her!” He persisted but Optimus’ servos engulfed his own servos stopping the medic.

“She would only suffer Ratchet.” He whispered. Ratchet yanked his servos out of his grasp before he stilled again. His servos clenched closed into fists.

“Your right. You always are.” He murmured before the heart monitor flatlined. Optimus stared mournfully at your body.

You were gone.

Optimus felt as if his world had just crumbled to pieces. He may love Elita, but he had loved you too. He may have never got to say that he had loved you before you passed but he knew deep down that you knew. You knew of his affections for you.

“I love you too (y/n).”

A/N: I’m sorry if you didn't like this. It was rushed so it may not be the best. It’s past the time I usually go to bed at so I am exhausted and can’t think clearly. I hope to have the next one-shot finished soon. I don’t write as much as I should. o(╥﹏╥)o