Broken Hearted

"Ms.Lawson?" I jumped at the sound of my name being called. Hastily, I looked for the source. When I realised it was only the nurse, I got up from my seat and walked over towards the desk she sat comfortably behind.

I cleared my throat before stating, "I'm Ms.Lawson."

"I need you to sign these papers before the doctor can see you." She stated before shoving a clipboard and pen in my hands. Hastily, I grabbed the pen. I just wanted to get this over with already.

When I was done filling out the forms, I gave them back to the nurse. In response she pointed towards the double doors across the room.

Walking towards the doors, I couldn't believe I was going through with this. This goes against not only everything I stand for, but also my parents. They can never find out what took place today. They'll disown me if they do.

Behind the doors was chaos. Doctors and nurses were flying everywhere. I stood out like sore thumb.

"Are you Ms.Lawson?" A voice stated from behind me. I turned around to a lady who looked to be in her late forties or so.

"Yes, I am." She smiled in response. Showing some perfect pearly whites, might I add. She must be my doctor.

"I'm Brenda Calhoun. I will be your doctor today. If you would follow me down the hall, I promise you i'll have you out of here in less than a hour."

"Well let's go shall we." I stated. I really want to get this done and over. The sooner the better. No one will ever know. It will just be my little secret. My very shameful little secret.

Once down the hall, Ms. Calhoun lead me into her room. She handed me an hospital gown and pointed towards the bathroom. When the gown was on, my nerves began to really kick in.

"Can you lay down on the bed please." Ms.Calhoun stated more as a command than question. Not thinking much of it, I did as I was told. While laying there, I watched as she placed some rubber gloves on her hands and rummage through some drawers.

Once she was done, she sat in the chair directly in front of the bed. She held some silver rod type thing. The sight of it made my heart skip a beat. That was really going inside me.

"Can you open your legs for me?" I hesitated to do what she said, for there has been only one other person that has seen that part of my body. Oh gosh I can't think about him right now. I might back out.

Slowly, I began to open my legs. A wave of shame going through my body.

"This is going to hurt a lot, but I promise I will make it quick. Okay?" I gave quick nod in response. Closing my eyes I waited for the pain to come. I felt something very cold down there. That rod she had in her hand. I felt like it was going to tear my walls apart. She kept pushing it down further and further until most of it was in me.

It was the most uncomfortable thing in my life.

"Okay, I'm going to count to three and when I do, this will all be over. 1..........2............3!" As I yelled, she yanked the rod out. It hurt like hell. I felt the tears start to pour. It was over. I had nothing to worry about anymore.

The baby was gone.