Chapter 2

"Your leaving, but it's in the middle of semester?" My friend Josh yelled; bursting into my room with Alexa hot on his trails. She was giving him a death glare.

"Her sister died." She sneered and walked pass him to help me pack my things. She gave me a comforting smile, but I just continued packing. I really didn't feel like being around others right now.

"Aw shit, Kim i'm sorry. I didn't know." I raised my hand to stop him from babbling.

"It's OK, Josh."

"No, it isn't. I came here to give you shit, but I should have realized there was a rational reason behind this." He continued.

"Josh it's fine, really." I said more sternly. He could really get on your nerves when he wanted to.

"So, when are you leaving?" I sighed. Right now, was not the time to be interrogating me.

"What's with all these questions Josh? Jeez, you act like she's your girlfriend.." Alexa snapped at him. I silently thanked her and zipped up the rest of my belongings. Josh muttered something I couldn't catch under his breathe.

"I'm leaving later on today. Alexa's going to drive me to the airport."

"I can take you." Josh interjected.

I sighed, "Don't you have football practice?"

"I'm sure coach won't mind if i'm a little late." Now, we both know that wasn't the truth. If Josh didn't show up to practice, coach would probably have a fit. Certainly a man you did not want to piss off. Plus, if you didn't go to practice, you couldn't play in the game.

"Alexa's driving me Josh." I looked him hard in the eyes; daring him to say anything else on the subject. He sagged his shoulders in defeat.

"Promise me you'll call me when you settle in."

"I promise." My response earned me a scoff from Alexa. Josh sneered at her. I never really understood why they didn't like each other.

"I've gotta get to class, so i'll talk to you later, Kim." Josh announced, but his eyes were still fixed on Alexa. She jumped to her feet and started to do a happy dance. Josh rolled his eyes and walked out the room with Alexa trailing happily behind him.

I swear those two could be a great couple, but that clearly wasn't happening anytime soon.

"Ding dong the douche is gone!" Alexa announced running back into my room and jumped on my bed. I couldn't help but to snort at her outburst. She was always so extra, but it was one of the things I loved about her.

"I don't know why y'all hate each other." I stated laying next to her. She propped her head on her hand.

"Isn't it obvious. He's a complete douche of a guy. He acts like he owns you. He just doesn't rub me the right way. I mean, the guy didn't even show a little sympathy about your sister. All he cared about was you leaving."  She exclaimed. I had to admit, she had a point. Not about that Josh thinks he owns me, but he didn't show me the slightest bit of sorrow. I shouldn't think too much into it though. He did apologize to me, after all.

"Well maybe if you two actually tried to...." Alexa shook her head and crossed her arms.

"My mother taught me to never to mess with a guy like that. They mean bad news." I scoffed. "You don't even speak to your mother."

"Neither do you."

"But I have reason not to. So, last not get into detail abou....."

"No, lets get into detail about this." She stated while sitting up.

"Are you going to be okay with going back?" I sighed. I really didn't know the answer to that question. I don't if I was going to be OK with going back to Atlanta. It was so many people there that I didn't want to confront right now.

"I don't know" I finally answered. It was the truth. I didn't know.