Chapter 4

I have to be the most stupidest person in this world. Why did I run? Now, I don't even know where I am. I left my phone in my dad's car so I can't call him. Not that I would anyway. He seemed really pissed off when I heard him scream my name. I didn't want to hear him yell at me again. That's not a great feeling to know that you've hurt your parents, but they have to understand that i'm not a little girl anymore. I'm almost 22 for goodness sakes. At some point, they've gotta let me grow up.

Sighing, I ran my hand through my hair. I've been so lost in my thoughts, I haven't looked at my surroundings. I was somewhere downtown that was for sure. There we're restaurants and other buildings lined down the street. The road was filled with cars. I felt my pockets to see if I had any money for a cab. No, I left all my money in my purse. Now, what do I do?

Maybe, I could go in one of these restaurants and ask for a phone. Even though, I highly doubt they'd have any.

HONK HONK

The sound of a car honking made scared me. I ended up tripping on the sidewalk and falling on my butt. Cursing under my breathe, I could hear the sound of a car door shutting. Oh god, did dad find me? I really was not ready to confront him right now.

"Shit, Kim I didn't mean to scare you." That's definitely not dad. Pushing myself off the ground, I turned to see Tyriq staring down at me. Did he follow me? Why? I mean, he had no reason to.

"Hello? Earth to Kimberly." He waved his hand in front of my face.

"How did you find me?" I asked.

"I saw the direction you ran to, so I got in my car and followed you." He stated as if it was the most obvious reason.

"You didn't have to." I stated while placing my hands on my hips. Tyriq raised an eyebrow in amusement.

"Oh really? Tell me, how exactly were you going to get home? Do you even know what part of town we're in?" He questioned. He knew I didn't know the answers to any of those questions. The smug bastard. I rolled my eyes before pushing him aside to get into his car. I could hear his deep chuckle behind me. I watched him walk over to the driver's seat; taking in his appearance for the first time.

He was wearing a gasoline stained white shirt with his work overalls. His hair was messy, but he made it work.

"So, tell me....." He began as he started the car.

"Why did you run?"

"Who was that man?" I ignored his question. I wanted to know what him and the man was fighting about.

"None of your business." He stated coolly. I turned towards him in my seat, but his eyes were fixed on the road.

"It's my business now. I mean, Tyriq you knocked him out. He could be dead for all I know."

"He's not dead, Kim. And if I didn't knocked his ass out, he would've had hurt you. I mean, who in the hell runs into a fight?"

"What were you fighting about?" I asked, but it came out more as a demand than a question.

"Like I said, it's none of your business. Now, drop it." I huffed. I'd let it go alright...For now.

"Why did you run?" He asked again, but I didn't answer. I was mad that he wouldn't tell me who that guy was.

"Oh so, you're going to pretend like you don't hear me?" He stated and I could feel his eyes on me. I still didn't answer him though. If he wouldn't talk, I wasn't going to talk. I know i'm being childish, but I don't care. He should've told me what was going on.

The sound of the car brakes got my attention. Before I could react to anything, I felt myself being lifted out of my seat. I tried to scream, but it was silenced by lips crashing on to mine. It was his lips. He was kissing me. I struggled to get out of his arms, but ultimately ended up kissing him back.

It has just occurred to me how much I missed him. I missed being in his arms. I missed his lips on mine. I missed him.

I wrapped my arms around his neck and deepened the kiss. Our tongues were battling for dominance, but I happily gave into him.

"Tell me why you ran." Tyriq said, pulling away from me. I leaned against his chest.

"I was scared." I mumbled in chest. He lifted my head up so that we were staring eye to eye.

"You were what?" I rolled my eyes.

"I was scared."

"Of what?"

I sighed. Running a hand through my hair, I stated, " Of you..... Of my dad...... Of what I did..... I Just had to get out of there. I couldn't handle it."

Tyriq didn't say anything. He just stared at me.

"Why are you afraid of me?" He finally asked. I shrugged. I couldn't tell him the whole truth. I didn't want to see him because he was a reminder of what I did. Plus, we didn't exactly end things on the right note.

"They way we left things off. I thought you be mad at me."

Tyriq shook his head. "I was mad at you, but I got over it. I mean, I knew what you were going through with your parents. I was a burden. I should have...."

I kissed him to stop his babbling. It doesn't matter anymore. The past was in the past. I just want to live the now. Breaking the kiss, I told him it was OK.

"I should really take you home." He said as I got off his lap.

"No!" I interjected.

"Why?"

I sighed. "I don't want to confront them right now. Can I stay at yours?" He stared at me before nodding his head. I smiled and buckled my seat.

To think, I was planning to run away from him my whole visit. It's funny how things happen.

Okay, that's Chapter 4. Remember guys, I still kind of new to this writing thing. I would love it if you would comment and tell me what you think. Oh and if you could share this story, that'll be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!