Chapter 5

To say that Tyriq's place was small, would be a understatement. He lived in a box. The kitchen was connected to the living room. There was only one bathroom and that was connected to his bedroom. That was pretty much it.

After I was done exploring, I found Tyriq in the kitchen on his phone. I went in the living room and sat on the couch. I couldn't believe I was in his house right now. I took my shoes off to get more comftorable. I looked around. He didn't decorate much. There were a few pictures here and there but not much to catch the eye. He must not come here alot. I mean, I know how long he can be at the car shop.

"I see you've made yourself comftorable." Tyriq teased. He sat on the couch beside me.

"When did you move in here?" I asked.

"A few months after you left. My mom told me I had to get out, so I bought this place. It's not much, but it's all I can afford now."

"I see you're still working at the shop."

He nodded. "Everyone's not smart like you, Kim. We can't all afford to go to big time colleges. Besides, I own the car shop now. So, i'm....."

"You own the car shop? What happened to your dad?"

Tyriq turned from me and stared at his feet. "He er...... He died two years ago. I got the car shop to the unlike of my mother."

"Tyriq I....."

"It's fine Kim. Now we've both lost someone close to us." I nodded. Kameron coming back to mind again. After that happened today, almost made me forget why I was here.

"Are you going to the funeral?" Tyriq snorted. "And be cursed out by your mom? I think not." I sighed. My mom and Tyriq have never gotten along. Well, my mom has never gotten along with him. She judged people by what they look like and where'd they come from. It wasn't right.

"So...... What's it like in California?" Tyriq asked breaking the silence. A smile appeared of my lips once the vision of California came to my mind.

"It's amazing. I have two good friends and the campus is great. You should visit sometime."

"I'd love to, but California is not a place for me." I knitted my eyebrows in confusion.

"What do you mean?" Tyriq sighed and layed his head back on the couch.

"I mean ghetto trash like me. I can't afford it. I wouldn't fit in that type of scene."

"You're not trash." I stated firmly.

"Your mom seems to think so. You know she blames me for your sister's death. Her and your father hate me." I shook my head in disbelief. Tyriq had no part in what happened to Kam. I would know. I was there when Kameron took her first taste of Crack.

Flashback

"Kameron! Where are you? Kameron!" I yelled up the stairs of my sister's home. I was going to be late if they didn't hurry up.

I hope Ty is still there.

Kam and Victor were the only two people who knew of our relationship. We were suppose to have a double date today and they were making us late .

"Kameron!" I yelled again.

"Would you shut the hell up! We're coming!" Victor yelled back at me. I stepped back in disbelief. Never in my life has anyone spoken to me like that. It angered me.

How dare he speak to me that way? He may be my sister's husband, but I don't care. No one speaks to me that way.

"Kimberly calm down." I looked to see my sister standing in front of me. I hadn't even notice her walk down the steps. I watched as she rolled her eyes at my state.