Chapter 3

The airplane ride home was dreadful. Josh had sent me at least 20 text messages. I got so annoyed, that I ended up turning my phone off. Oh and did I tell you about the kid who kept kicking my seat. I'm just glad that that ride is over.

I dragged my suitcase to the seating area. My dad was suppose to be picking me up. I was glad it was him and not mom. Dad was the more lenient parent. I feel bad for not trying to contact him these past years, but contact with him meant contact with mom. That just could not do.

"What's the matter? Can't you tell who's your pa when you see him" A very familiar voice said behind me. I got up from my seat, happy with the sight.

"Dad!" I exclaimed before running into his arms. He lift me off the ground and twirled around. When we released, I took in his appearance. He hadn't change one bit. His hair looked a bit more grey, but he was still the same way I left him.

"So, how's my college girl been?" He stated while grabbing my things.

"I've been doing.....good."

"I see you don't know how to pick up a phone." He teased.

"I've been busy." I defended.

"That doesn't mean you can't call your dad every once in a while."

"I know. I'm sorry. In the future i'll try to call more."

"I like the sound of that. C'mon, lets get out of here. I hate airports." We started to head out of the airport. I followed him all the way to the car.

"You still have this old thing?" I asked as he popped the trunk and threw my things in.

"Why wouldn't I? I stop paying for this thing years ago and it would be a waste of money to keep paying for a new one." Dad exclaimed. I shook my head. Dad was always cheap. He's the reason why I went to prom in a 50 dollar dress.

"Speaking of the car, we're going to make a stop at the car shop if you don't mind." Of course I don't mind. I mean anything is better than meeting mom...... Wait! Did he just say car shop?

"Are you talking about the Hawkins' place?" I asked, dreading the answer I knew was to come.

"Yeah, why? Is that a problem." My dad gave me a curious glance.

I shook my head. "No." No, what could possibly be wrong with going to the place that my ex's family owns? No, that's not a problem at all. Lie.

The start of the engine of the car brought me out of my thoughts. I buckled my seat and sat back. I hope he wasn't there. I really was hoping I could avoid him these next few days. How wrong was I.

"So, how's college life. I hope you haven't been getting into anything you shouldn't have." Great, he sounds like mom.

"I've been all studies dad." I stated.

"How long you going to be down here for? I don't understand why you chose to go to school in California." Well, I knew you wouldn't try to come to visit. I thought.

"UCLA is a good school, dad."

"So is spellman, Kimberly." I sighed. Didn't we have this conversation already? The only reason him and mom wanted me to go to Spellman is because they thought it would keep me a virgin. Little did they know that ship had long before sailed.

"I like UCLA daddy." I stated looking out the window. Atlanta was a busy town. I can't believe how muched I've missed it.

Dad sighed."I know you chose that school to be far away from your mother and I." It wasn't you I wanted to be far from. "But Kim, you got to understand that we are only trying to protect you."

"Protect me from what?" I grumbled but I knew he had heard me.

"From the world." He stated simply. I took my eyes off the window and looked at him. I was about to say something smart but he beat me to the punch.

"The world took out Kameron. I don't want that happening to you too." I turned back to the window.

The world didn't take out Kameron. Drugs did. I knew it was the christian in him talking.

"Dad i'm going to be fine. You have nothing to worry about."

"The hell I don't." He growled. I jumped in my seat. Never in my life has he ever yelled at me.

"Do you know how it feels for us to not know where you are or who you talking to? It kills us. We are your parents, Kimberly. Don't you ever forget who you are and where you came from. Do you understand me?" I felt like breaking into tears. I never meant to hurt my dad. I just wanted to get away.

"Yes." I finally stated.

"Kimberly...... What the hell?" My head snapped up to see what my dad was talking about. I was shocked at what I was seeing. It was Tyriq. He was up against the wall of the shop and a guy was holding him by the collar of his shirt. He was going to punch him.

Without knowing what I was doing, I got out the car and ran to them. I could hear my dad calling me, but I kept running.

"Hey!" I yelled to get the two men attention. The man holding Tyriq let go of him and began to charge towards me. Me realizing what I've just gotten myself into, began to panick. The guy didn't even make two steps before Tyriq turned him around and knocked him out. He looked at me and I felt my insides start to flip.

"Kim what the hell?" He stated while wiping the sweat off his forhead. I didn't say anything. I couldn't say anything.

"Kimberly!" My dad yelled. He sounded pissed. I really didn't feel like being yelled at again, so I did the only I could think of.

I ran.

That was chapter 3. I would love it if you guys would comment and tell me what you think. I know i'm not the best writer, but I really like this story. I want to know if you do too.