Chapter 3: Liberum Procidens

"Die. Die for her. Come on, she's your little sister. Don't you want her to live a fulfilling life? Stop being so selfish! This is gonna happen either way!"

Finally, something that Sabbath has been waiting for. The 3DMG training, Sabbath couldn't wait to finally feel that free feeling again.

Something feels... wrong... Sabbath thought as they were messing with their belt, eyes glancing at some of the sergeants that were watching them. Of course gossip spread, stories spread, the rumor of the demon of Shiganshina got talked around. And Sabbath knew the looks in some of the eyes...

"My belt is damaged." Sabbath said while looking at Shadis before they were even lifted off the ground. He was surprised at hearing that, pausing his hand and staring at Sabbath. His eyes narrowing, watching them as they were staring emotionless. "Johnson, switch bel-"

"Don't have my belt." Shadis looked up at hearing that, narrowing his eyes with an annoyed sound. He didn't like being cut off and he definitely didn't like someone going against his orders. "Looks like we're going to the supply. Does anyone have a belt that Caddel could use?"

Sabbath's fist tightened in annoyance, glaring at Shadis for using that name. Cadets looked between each other, wondering what would happen to their belts if they gave it up. "Here."

"Be more like Braun everyone." People were surprised at hearing Shadis comment- that sounded like praise. Reiner handed off his belt to Sabbath, watching the red eyes. Their hands took the belt from Reiner's hand, mumbling about how they would get it back to him as they put it on.

I've never seen eyes like that... Reiner thought, stuck in his thoughts at the sight of them. Watching the way that they were ready, getting lifted in the air. The way their head tilted back, taking a deep breath and flipping their body. Their face... It was so calm.

As graceful as her mother. Shadis thought, seeming to be nostalgic and seeing a memory more than the present. The red eyes seemed to be green, sparkling in the sunlight. The black hair turning to blonde before he blinked, Sabbath now upright. "Caddel, what the hell was that? Get yourself together!"

They were lowered to the ground, pressing their feet against the ground with a small hum. Taking off the borrowed belt, handing it back to Reiner who was staring at Sabbath. Red eyes glanced back at where another cadet was being raised. I already want to go back in the air.

"You did good Sabbath!" Eren said, raising a hand for a high five. Red eyes glanced at it, hand knocking his away and walking off. There were two people watching the cadet class, the blonde had been bored and dragged along his friend. "Why are we here again? We should be preparing for the next expedition."

"Because I wanted to take a break and you can spot talent." The commander said with giving the captain a look, hearing a tch in response while crossing his arms. "Talent? They're all idiots. That one looks like a child rocking in a crib."

He mentioned to Sasha just swinging lightly without a care in the world. Erwin glanced at the flipping cadet, noticing the control and spin. Mentioning his hand toward them, nudging Levi. "Looks like you got your wish Erwin. Roof boy joined the cadet class."

"Look at that control, he's gonna be great on the gear." Erwin said, hoping already that he would join the scouts. But Levi noticed the way that he knocked one of their hands away from him. "But yet, doesn't seem like a team player."

"Sounds like someone else I know. But yet... I still hope he joins." Levi sighed, feeling his observation getting annoyed.

I'm not their friend, why do they continue to try and make me be one? Sabbath wondered as they watched Eren go face first into the ground. Their arms were crossed, annoyance in their red eyes. Sabbath could only think it was something Eren deserved for annoying them. And Sabbath turned away, walking off when Shadis ordered Eren to be lowered against the brunette's argument.

Ignoring the others, Sabbath left the area. Reiner watched them, his friend touched his shoulder and wondering why his buddy was so quiet. Sabbath may be useful...

:::::::::::::::::::::::

"Always remember, your life doesn't mean as much as hers does."

This... This is something I can do. No team work, no studies, just me and the freedom.

"Caddel." Sabbath was flipping in the 3DMG trainings, enjoying the free feeling. Their eyes narrowed at Shadis who was standing there, arms behind his back and stoic eyes watching them. "I wanted to apologize for the scene that was displayed at the supple depot."

Their head tilted ever so slightly, not wanting to show their surprise at hearing someone apologizing. "It's nothing."

"To knowingly mess with cadet's equipment, that's the exit way of a coward. You shouldn't have to be on the other end of that." He moved to cross his arms, anger beginning to pop again at the memory of the supply depot. Sabbath sighed, already seeing this as a pain. "Look, this happened all the time. I knew what signs to look for."

"You've been fighting for survival much longer than the others-"

"Everyone fought for survival one way or another." Their hands unclasped the clips, landing gracefully on the ground. Shadis watched them, Sabbath started to walk off when the drill sergeant turned to grab their shoulder. "Caddel."

"You know I hate that name."

"That's not important right now. There's someone who wants to talk to you." Sabbath glanced over at Shadis, bored but intrigued. They really didn't want to talk to anyone, but had never seen a conversation that Shadis has deemed important enough to go get a cadet. So they also wanted to see, and why them.

"Lead the way." Sabbath said, pulling their arm from his grasp and following after Shadis to where meetings took place. They could recognize who was sitting in the chair when they walked in, someone would have to be living under a rock not to know who Commander Erwin was.

"Why is he here?" Sabbath asked, glancing at Shadis. They had thought that the scouts were on an expedition. Erwin stared at Sabbath, already remembering something at the sight of them. "And here I thought she had a son."

They thought I was a guy? Sabbath thought before thinking about it. That made them feel comforted, something pleasing in him. "You look so much like her-"

"Why do you want to talk to me?" Sabbath asked, Shadis shaking his head. Everyone knew that Sabbath didn't respect the command, unless they saw respect. "I had to meet you-"

"Why? I'm not something ya can just ogle at."

"Your mother... Was she-?"

"We're done." Sabbath cut him off shortly, Erwin's eyes widened at hearing that. At hearing their short words, cold voice. Shadis didn't argue or try to stop the cadet from leaving, haven prior told Erwin that talking of family would get Sabbith to leave. It was up to the commander to listen to him.

But Erwin couldn't watch them walk away, not when he finally knew about them! After all these years, there was one last connection to her.

"Caddel, I'm your uncle."