Chapter 8: Graduation

"Why are you ignoring us?" Sabbath stopped in their steps, turning their head to glance back at the annoyingly family blonde. Armin was standing there, watching Sabbath and feeling like he was about to start crying. "What are you talking about?"

"You've been ignoring us since we've gotten here!" Armin yelled, Sabbath tilting their head- mockingly. "I've been ignoring you guys my whole life."

Sabbath was bored, their tone was bored. Leaning against the nearest wall, their arms crossed. Reiner noticing Armin talking to Sabbath, silently quietly Bertholdt before walking over to stand by Sabbath.

"That's not true! You were there for us when we were in Wall Rose!" Armin yelled, tears in his eyes as Sabbath still looked bored. Their finger tapping against their arm, ticking their jaw in annoyance. "Yea there for you, not with you."

"What...?"

"Let me put it to you this way Armin, if Stella hadn't told me to keep ya safe. I would have thrown you off to the curb when I first got on that boat." His eyes widened at hearing that, tears slipping down his cheeks. "W-what?"

"That's right. I wouldn't have been there to protect your stupid little Eren when he get into fights with the others in the wall."

"He-he was fighting for what is right!" Armin argued, yelling in disbelief. Sabbath gave him a harden look, annoyed. "What is right? Armin, I didn't think you were that stupid."

"What?"

"Is what all your can fucking say? There is no such things as right in the world. It is all about selfishness, money, power, greed." His eyes widened at hearing Sabbath's harshness. "So that's why I look after myself alone, because everyone wants to stab others in the back."

"But what about Annie and Sasha! And Reiner! I mean look at him!" Annie yelled, mentioning toward Reiner that was still standing close to them. Sabbath glanced at Reiner through the corner of their eye, hiding their smirk. So he really does come to my side for anything. That can be useful.

"What I do with my life doesn't concern you. Besides Annie and Reiner understands me more than anything. And Sasha... is Sasha." There was nothing really else to explain Sasha, it was just Sasha. "But I am your family! How could you just walk away from us like this?!"

Family? That triggered something in Sabbath, something dark. Pushing themselves off of the wall, stalking toward Armin who began to look terrified. He knew he messed up, he could sense it in the air. By the way that the hair on the back of his neck stood up. Armin was his prey and Sabbath was the predator, ready to rip him apart. "What did you just call yourself?"

"Y-your family..."

"My family?" Sabbath couldn't believe what they were hearing, nor taking that well. Armin nodded fearfully, beginning to shake in fear. "S-Stella was my sister! So... so that means-"

Armin's shirt suddenly bunched in their fist as they easily lifted him in one hand. Their crimson eyes were burning with anger, making his eyes go wide at the burn in their eyes. He was terrified of them. "S-Sab-"

"Do not ever call yourself my family. Stella was only there because I put her on your doorstep."

"Wait... what? You abandoned your sister?" Armin asked, he couldn't believe what he heard. Their fist tightened in his shirt, free fist tightening to punch Armin. "I don't have to explain myself to you bitch. Besides,"

They pulled him closer to them, whispering in his ear, "I killed my family. Still want to be my family?"

Armin cried out, shaking a bit on the ground from the punch to his gut. He couldn't believe what he heard, Sabbath walking away from the hurt blonde. Their steps paused besides Reiner, glancing at Armin. "Ah, and you know that nickname that the entire time growing up- the demon? It was your family that started callin' me that."

"Wh-what? No way!" He yelled out, but Sabbath didn't argue or continue on after that. Just shrugging lightly and walking away. Reiner gave Armin a glare, silently warning or threatening him to stay in his place and then leaving after Sabbath. Wh-what the hell just happened...? How did Sabbath get people so close to her? Why does she hate me? She's nothing like Stella... Stella would have never hurt me.

When Mikasa and Eren found Armin, he was still crumpled on the floor. Tears streaking down his face, laying in shock.

:::::::::

"Wait, where's Sasha?" Annie stopped Sabbath as they were on the way to the graduation. They stopped, realizing when they didn't see Sasha among the ranks. They sighed, turning around. "Dining hall?"

"Dining hall."

At the said dining hall, Sasha was indeed in the dining hall. She was looking through the food to nab, suddenly hearing footsteps and looking up to see white hair. Sasha was standing with snacks in her hand, the white haired figure holding other food in their arms as well.

Prolonged eye contact. They were stuck standing there, neither of them knowing what to do. "Sasha! Come on out potato girl!"

Annie called out, breaking her prolonged eye contact with the white haired figure. She looked over at where they were standing, seeing Sabbath walking toward the door. The white hair glanced back at Sasha before climbing out the window. "What the-?"

"Sasha, you do know the graduating ceremony is going on right now. Right?" Sabbath asked, leaning against the door as Sasha was looking out the window. The brunette glanced back at the two, giving a look before mentioning toward the window. "Did you not see them??"

"Who?" Annie asked, Sabbath narrowing their eyes at the window. Standing on guard and moving over to glance out it, seeing the darkness of the night and focusing to see if they would see any movement. "Lets go Sabbath, Sasha might just being seeing things from exhaustion."

"Annie!!" Sasha exclaimed, looking at the blonde in betrayal. Sabbath only hummed, feeling like there was someone out there but couldn't pinpoint that feeling of being watched. "I'm not crazy! I didn't hallucinate! There was really someone here, there was! Sabbath! You believe me right??"

"Let's just go to the ceremony before it's over." Sabbath ended the conversation, leaving the dining hall while Sasha ran after them. Annie glared out the window, silently threatening anyone or anything that was watching before walking after the two.

::::::::::::::::

The 104th cadet class stood row by row, straightened backs and arms crossed behind backs. The results were quite poetic if anyone would say out loud. The two that were at each other's throats the most were the ones that placed first; Mikasa and Sabbath. Neither of them could use their placement against each other.

And Erwin could only stare at his family, Sabbath had been ignoring him ever since Reiner stepped in. And if Sabbath ever did something, it was a threat to bring over Reiner. He didn't know be to feel about his family using another cadet to fight their battles.

But it was effective.

Out of the corner of their eye, they noticed Armin checking on them. Mikasa wanted to punch Sabbath for how they found Armin, wondering what the demon had said to him to get a reaction like that.

While Sabbath still wanted him to suffer, especially when some others call them half siblings. It annoyed Sabbath how Armin took people saying that and ran with it, getting delusional like Sabbath is his half sibling.

But Sabbath still wants nothing to do with him. Nor will they. While Sasha was thinking from where she was standing, I've gotta make them believe me that I really did see someone... oh! I know! I'll just bring that white haired burglar to Sabbath and Annie!