Chapter 5: "Allies"

"You're observant." Erwin commented as he walked nearby Sabbath from the path as they were getting up, their hands brushing along their pants. They didn't want to talk to the commander, especially not after their somewhat talk in the office.

"Have you thought about joining the Scouts, you are very-"

"No." Sabbath cut him off, his eyes widening at hearing their cold voice. "B-but are you sure? You're very skilled, just like her."

"Stop comparing me to her. I'm nothing like her! You have no idea what you're talking about." They snapped, hating how much they got reminded of their mother. That's all Erwin compared them with his late sister. "How much do you know about that woman you call your sister?"

"What?" Erwin paused at their voice, their fist tightening ever so lightly before moving toward the path they walked down. "She was amazing, skilled, bullheaded though but very sweet and caring."

Sabbath scoffed, shaking their head as they began to leave the area. His hand reached out to touch their shoulder but they made sure he didn't touch them. "You know nothing of her. Don't contact me again."

"Sa-"

"If you keep pushing this, I'll see it as aggression and I won't be blamed for my next actions." Sabbath said coldly, his eyes widening with a chill running down his spine as he stared at them. "B-but I'm your uncle... Shouldn't you be happy that you found some family?"

"You are not my uncle. If you were, you should've been there years ago when no one else. You should've been there to get Stella when she needed someone. And get that look out of your eye, you don't get to feel pity on me. I don't need your consolation."

"But-"

"I took care of myself when no one else did, so no, I don't have any family." Erwin wanted more to say, he wanted to fight for Sabbath but all he could do was watch Sabbath's back as they walked away. He hated that he couldn't help them... He had no idea of their existence, it wasn't his fault! Of course he would have helped if he knew! But why couldn't Sabbath see that...

::::::::::::

"Seems like stalking is a lot of people's favorite pastime." Sabbath spoke boredly, sitting on the cliffside where there was a lake in the distance. Sunlight reflecting off of the surface, wind blowing in the trees. Sabbath could smell rain in the air, but they knew they weren't alone once again.

Annie made her way out from the path, watching Sabbath. The blonde could tell something was up with them, but just like Reiner, the blonde was wanting to know. To identify if they were a threat or not. "Name's Annie."

"You don't approach people Annie, what's different?" Sabbath called them out immediately, not wasting any time. Their head turned, red eyes calculating the blonde standing there. "You actually know what you're doing, you're different from the other idiots."

Sabbath didn't need to introduce themselves, they were known by others. Just like in their old home town, others stayed away from them- they had gained their demon reputation here as well. "That was a good idea, bringing the second knife in."

"I wasn't going to let you win easily."

"That was gonna be easy?" She asked, glancing over at Sabbath who was already staring back at lake uninterested. Annie wondered what their deal was, no one could understand Sabbath. "I've noticed you and Jaeger's group don't get along. What's the deal with y'all?"

"I want nothing to do with 'em, they've been clinging onto me since the fall of Shiganshina."

"Ah that's right, you were from there. You saw that day."