Chapter 10: Really? Now?

Orders were being given out to cadets, the higher scoring cadets were sent with the special squad. But Sabbath was no where to be found when the officers were looking for them to join the special squad.

"Do ya really know what you're doing?" Sabbath asked, leaning against the wall while staring at the white haired figure. Sasha and Connie were both helping them out. Connie had slowly and barely joined with Sabbath's group- Sabbath not finding his presence annoying. But it's mostly because Sasha has been bringing him around and she hasn't told him to leave.

"It's not the first time I've used this." The thief defended herself, Sabbath humming while not really caring. Connie picked up a couple gas cans and looked at the thief. "What's your name anyways? I'm Connie."

"Zeth."

"Seth?" Sasha asked, making Zeth shake her head while rolling her eyes. She emphasized the first letter of her name, "Zeth, zzzzz."

The two nodded, but Sabbath knew that it was in the air if they would actually remember. Red eyes narrowing at the officers walking around, hearing someone approach them. "Just me."

Reiner said, announcing himself so Sabbath didn't throw a punch at him. They turned, seeing him standing there with two full gas cans. "You're gonna want these."

He's useful.

I can't let them get hurt. Reiner and Sabbath had two different thoughts at the same time. But when he noticed a blonde walking up to them, Reiner went more on edge and Sabbath noticed that. So it was one of the people that Sabbath doesn't like. Taking the gas cans from Reiner, they turned to see Armin standing there. "What do you want?"

"I heard you were on top of the wall when the colossal titan was there, I wanted to check on you."

"Why?" Zeth was surprised at the harshness coming from Sabbath's voice. Armin still didn't want to believe that this was really Sabbath, he wanted to see them as family- as a sibling. He keeps thinking that they're just pushing him away because they're scared to let anyone in close. So he just has to break through that barrier. Ignoring the fact that Sabbath does keep people around, they have their own group.

"Sabbath, can we talk?" Armin asked as Sabbath had began walking away from him. They paused, Reiner stopping behind them. He wouldn't allow anyone to take Sabbath away, not when he's been so close to having Sabbath on his side. "What could possibly be more important than the bigger problems we're having?"

Sabbath asked, turning to face the blonde who was trying not to shake under their gaze. He took a deep breath, clearing his throat and trying to get his nerves from running everywhere. "Who knows how this day will go..."

"A lot of people dead, that's how." It made Armin nauseous, the way that Sabbath always causally talked about death or people dying- like they didn't care about any lost lives. Sabbath glared at Armin, annoyed that they couldn't deny his determination and stubbornness. "It-it's important..."

"More important than saving lives? Who knows? It might be one of your precious friends that you could be saving right now instead of wasting your time here like a useless scaredy cat." Sabbath spoke harshly, Armin's eyes widened before quickly turning away to hide the tears. Though Sabbath hated being around those three, it did make it easy to pinpoint all of their weaknesses.

SLAP!

"Ballsy move." Ymir commented with a small whistle, apparently walking over at the right moment. Sabbath blinked, not feeling the sting on their cheek but noticed that their head was turned a bit. "Why can't you just listen to me?!"

Armin yelled at Sabbath, Reiner already getting in between Armin and Sabbath. Sasha covered her mouth in shock as Connie mumbled, "Dude..."

"You keep pushing us out of the way! We have done nothing wrong to you!" Armin yelled while Sabbath could feel themself shaking lightly, not in fear nor sadness. But feeling like the anger contained in themselves, like a bottle about to break- glass about to bust. Reiner could have swore that he heard what sounded like a growl coming from Sabbath. "Dude... They don't look to happy..."

Connie tried to warn Armin, Zeth watching all this play out. Sasha stepped closer to Sabbath, about to reach out for them and check on them. "And if you're so mad about Stella, get over it! She was my sister. And she's dead, she's not coming back."

"Keep going Armin." Ymir encouraged this, wanting to see this getting under Sabbath's skin and wanted to see what they were going to do. Though logically, Armin knew that he shouldn't continue pissing off Sabbath, but this was emotions that he kept bottled up. But the bottle was broken now.

"Stella grew up in my family, she's my family. How do we even know that Stella really is your twin! You two look nothing alike." Reiner looked back to check on Sabbath, since he felt the air shifted into a more dangerous tone. But he didn't even get a chance to open his mouth to ask about how they were doing, because he quickly had to grab them after they jumped for Armin.

Armin jumped, taking some steps back to make sure that there was no chance that he was close to them. Ymir found this amusing, seeing how quickly that this subject always set them off. Their red eyes were burning with an animalistic anger, Armin felt terrified at seeing that. Something was strange, it was uncanny. Something instinctive told Armin that he was in danger.

"I'm going to kill you." Sabbath growled, Reiner hiding his smirk. This was perfect for him. This was the way that he could win Sabbath over. Anger and frustration always shows the truth.

Sabbath thought, narrowing their eyes at Armin who still look terrified. Though no one surrounding them made their way to check on Armin, these were Sabbath's friends. Though Ymir was just wanting to see Sabbath angry, to see them show cracks in their wall that they have built so high.

So, all this time, they actually thought that I wasn't Stella's twin? That I would make that up for some reason? To tell them and then stay away from them. Like that makes sense. Sabbath thought, feeling the cautious hand on their shoulder and glanced over to see Sasha standing there. Connie was right beside her, checking in on them, "Sabbath, are you okay?"

"Just fine." Sabbath growled, Armin was shaking. They couldn't believe what they were hearing from Armin. It made them violent, more violent than usual. "Leave Armin. And pray to your god that I don't find you today while we're out hunting titans."

Sabbath watched Armin leave in fear, Reiner waiting a few moments after to release them. They rolled their shoulders, adjusting their belt as Sasha whispered, "I- I thought you were going to kill him..."

"Let's get going." They spoke, checking the sharpness of their blades before leaving.

:::::::::::::::

The air was filled with the scent of blood and ash, Sabbath's body flipping in the air. Blood spraying up from the titan's cut on the weak spot. Sabbath landed on the roof, watching the way the titan fell to the ground.

"So, what does that make ya now?" Reiner asked, crouching on the bell tower next to Sabbath. Their eyes glanced over at him, watching the way he grinned from the look in their eyes. "More than ya buddy."

He laughed, Annie landed on the same rooftop as Sabbath. Glancing back at Reiner through the corner of her eye, silently annoyed at him. "You're doing good Sabbath."

"You doubted me?" She smirked at hearing their response, Sabbath looking back at the titans still wandering the streets. "This is annoying. All of them, annoying pests."

Reiner fought back his chuckle at hearing that, Annie gave him another look. Reiner narrowed his eyes back at Annie before looking at Sabbath, Annie glancing back at Sabbath as well. Would it work?

We need to know if they could really be on our side, they've been showing signs of being one... Reiner thought, watching the way that Annie was getting closer to Sabbath.

An abnormal was running through the streets on all fours, Sabbath noticed and was about to jump off of the roof when the push suddenly came from behind. Their eyes widened, looking back. Annie was standing on the roof edge, watching the way that the titan's jaws snapped close around Sabbath's body.