Chapter 3:

As you walked home that night, you could tell there was something different. The air seemed to allow you to take it into your lungs. Slowly, you breathed in and out. The moon had risen, bathing you in its silver light. You smiled lightly. It was the first night since middle school that Kazuto didn’t chase you down. Though you enjoyed the lonely streets, it seemed strange to not run for your life. It felt peaceful. You knew it wouldn’t always be that way, though. You knew that this was a one time thing. But why wasn’t he hunting you down?

The answer was simple. He was watching you from an alleyway as you walked. He loved the sight of you walking away. You walked so lightly that he could barely hear your shoes. You walked with such posture, such strength that he thought he was watching the wrong person, but the moment you gave a small smile to a child clinging to their mothers arm, he knew. He didn’t see you this way often. Mainly because you were attempting to run from him. He didn’t see you in your truest self, mainly because of your mask that he handed to you. When you ran from him and his “wolves”, as he called them, you were small and elfin, easily broken and easily stomped on. Now, he wouldn’t dream of hurting you. As he watched, he saw many boys, and some grown men, staring with wide mouths. You obviously didn’t appreciate the grown men staring, though you paid them no mind. Your lips curved upwards at the sight of a cat walking by, making him crave your lips more. His hands ached to feel your hand in his, and his legs nearly drove him to you, but he stopped himself.

No. He needed to control the random urges to kiss you. He needed to ignore the surges of energy when his fingertips grazed your cheeks gently before punching you again. He needed to ignore the longing for the distance to stop. And he couldn’t ignore it, there was distance. Even when he pinned you to the ground and got so close to your face that he could smell the vanilla scent of your skin. Even if it wasn’t physical distance, there was a different distance. Your minds weren’t together. He wanted you, but pushed you away. You pushed him away, but wanted him, he was sure of it. He couldn’t be the only one feeling the space and wanting it to be filled, right? He wasn’t alone in the lust filled stares he gave you. He couldn’t be! It seemed impossible! But you seemed not to notice him when you stared at book pages, or when you wrote, or when you played the piano. He was the one copying your work, all because he was staring at you. Fantasizing about you. Daydreaming of the things he would do and say, the way he would make you happy and calm. How he would calm down your mind.

You calmed his, so wasn’t it only fair if he calmed yours? His head was a hurricane, though you stood in the eye of it with him. You were crazy. You were completely insane, and he was just crazy in love. When he dreamed of you, it was you that calmed him. His emotions were out of control, yet you could always calm them. Often the reason behind his random caresses to your face. When you lay helplessly on the ground, he loved it. He loved the power he had over you, yet it was you making him feel the way he did. So, in all honesty, it was you controlling him, and it was all your fault that he bullied you. It was your fault that he refused to share you. It was your fault he wanted you, every bit of you. Your body, your lips, your hair, your eyes, everything.

He snapped out of thought. No. Because of him, you hurt yourself. That wasn’t love. It was obsession. Because of him, you tried to kill yourself. It was him that sent you spiralling towards the flames of hell in your mind. But, it was love. It had to be! You were meant to be together! The universe had been fighting for it for so long, hadn’t it? That’s why he always found you, no matter where you went. Well, maybe it was because he stalked you. But, that didn’t matter. Details, details. Who needed them?

He snapped out of thought again. No, you weren’t even dating! In his opinion, you should have been though. His friends gave him magazines of random girls, but it felt like he was cheating on you by even touching the paper. He felt lost when he stared at another girl. He just didn’t see the same things. With other girls, he didn’t see the flowers blooming from her chest like he did yours. He didn’t see the stars in her eyes, or the honey dripping from her lips. He didn’t see the angelic wings made from fire like he did with you. He just couldn’t see it. No, the other girls were plastic, but you, you were different. No, you weren't a plastic barbie, you were the universe.

His universe.

A messy universe.

His messy universe.

A struggling universe.

His struggling universe.

A universe that was untouched and pure.

Something he wanted.

Needed.

Craved.

You were his universe, and that was the way it would stay.

Not like you had an option, though.

You never did.

And you never will.