Chapter 7:

You ran down an empty alley. The only sound was the tap of your shoes. You stopped. Your warm breath battled against the cold, resulting in white puff of fog. You listened closely. There was no other voice, nor footstep. You were alone. You didn’t know if you should have been relieved or scared. Icy air inflated your lungs. It hurt you to breathe. You pushed your hand against your aching side and hobbled over to a wall. You bent down beside it and relaxed. A prostitute and a greasy old man walked out from a doorway. You stood up. The man snarled, but the prostitute gasped.

“Oh, honey!” she cried. “Your face!”

The woman pressed her finger to a cut on your face. You hissed in pain, and the woman pulled away quickly. The woman was wearing a slutty black dress, and her hair was pure black and short, the ends fading down to a dark blue. Tattoos covered her arms and legs. The man stared at the woman's cleavage.

“Are you okay?” the lady asked.

“Y-Yes ma’am.” you replied.

“Whatcha dooin’ out here, girly?” the man hissed.

“Running, sir.” you said.

“Well, yer showin’ allotta legs there, sugar.” he chuckled.

You stepped back.

“Yer lucky no one’s out here yet. You coulda got hurt.”

The woman slapped him.

“Now, it’s one thing to talk to me that way, but a young girl? I’ve done ruined my life with sex and drugs, don’t you lay a hand on a girl trying to get an education like her!” she screamed. “Now get away!”

The man left and the woman turned to you.

“You okay, honey?” she asked.

You nodded.

“Come on, I’ll get you patched up.”

The woman took your hand and led you to the door that the man and woman came from. You knew what was about to happen.