feels •shawn mendes• ch. 19

my heart flutters and I look away from shawn.

"I don't deserve you." I tell him, as he takes my hand and pulls me off the bed.

"Yes you do. You deserve even more." He tells me, hugging me tight.

Shawn lets go of me and says, "okay, close your eyes and I'll lead you downstairs. I have a surprise for you."

I laugh and close my eyes. Shawn takes my arm and helps me down to the kitchen. I don't know what the hell he's doing, but something smells good.

"Okay. Open your eyes." He whispers.

I open my eyes and gasp. The table is beautifully set and it's covered with all sorts of food.

"Shawn!! Oh my god. Did you do all this?" I turn around and throw my arms around his neck.

"My mom helped me with it while you were asleep." He says, laughing and hugging me.

We stand there for a few seconds before I say, "you really didn't have to do this...i don't need all this."

"You deserve to be treated like a princess." Shawn says, smiling.

I smile happily and I take a seat at the table.

We eat and talk and just hang out before shawn clears his throat.

"I have one more thing.."

I gasp and immediately shake my head.

"No no no! You've done enough. Babe, seriously." I blurt out, and he ignores me.

"Aubrey. I wanted to do this for you. Please let me." He says, quickly walking to the counter and picking up a box.

"Open it." He places it in front of me.

Blushing, I open the box and pull out a small black dress.

"Shawn-"

"Okay, so I MAY have been thinking a little of myself too when I bought that for you. But look at what else is there." He laughs.

I reach in again and pull out a pair of red heels.

"Shawn—" I start.

"I just want you to wear it on a date with me." He smirks, sending shivers up my body.

"Fine, one date." I try not to laugh.

"Try it on!" He nods towards the outfit.

I stand up and head to the bathroom to change.

When I get in there, my phone rings. It's Tatum.

"He broke up with me." Her sobs come through the phone.

"What? Why?!" I ask, even though I know the answer.

"He said there was another girl and he didn't want to hurt me more. He said it was for the best. Aubrey, I really liked him. And the worst part is I don't know who this girl is!" Tatum blurts out before crying.

"Tatum, he isn't worth it. And I'm so sorry to have to do this but this kind of isn't a good ti—" I'm interrupted by shawn knocking at the door and calling loudly,

"Are you almost done?"

Shit.

Tatum stops crying and asks, "who's that?"

"Oh, uh. It's my stepbrother. You called me as I was about to leave the bathroom. Can I call you back?" I rush out.

"Ba-" shawn starts to say, and I call loudly,

"ILL BE RIGHT OUT."

"That sounds like...never mind. I'll talk to you later, Aubrey." Tatum says.

"Sounds like who?"

"He just sounded sort of like shawn for a moment. I don't even know. It couldn't be him. You hate him! But there was something about his voice..."

"You're totally right, it couldn't be him! I would never. Maybe my stepbrother does sound like him or something, I don't know. Hey, have you talked to Piper lately?"

"No, but she said she had something to tell me today. She said she would do it around 12." tatum says.

"Isn't it almost 12 now?"

"Shit. It is. Bye, Aubrey. I'll see you at school."

I hang up the phone and hastily pull on the dress and shoes. I look at myself in the mirror, and I look so much older.

The dress somehow made my brown hair look less boring and my eyes look brighter.

I rub my eyes and walk out of the bathroom.

"Finall-" shawn says, then cuts himself off.

There's a few seconds of silence, and finally I can't take it.

"What?" I ask, blushing.

"You. Are. Beautiful." Shawn takes a step closer to me with every word.

I gulp as he stands there staring at me. Saying nothing, just looking me up and down.

"Damn." He finally says. "I'm lucky."

"I'm the lucky one." I say, and our moment is ruined by my phone ringing.

"You gonna get that?" Shawn asks, and I shake my head.

"Probably nothing important."

Shawn nods, and then without warning, presses his lips against mine.

We stand in the hallway for a few seconds kissing before I pull away gently.

"Shouldn't we go to your room or something? I don't want to get caught." I whisper, and he groans.

"Fine."

I grab my clothes and we walk upstairs. As I walk into shawns room I feel him staring at me.

I turn around, and for some reason I decide to be cocky.

"Are you just gonna stand there and think I look hot or are you going to do something about it?" I smirk and raise an eyebrow.

"Maybe." He says, but of course my phone has to ring again.

I check it and see Tatum's name on the caller ID.

I roll my eyes and say, "hellooo??!"

Then I realize Tatum is crying harder than before.

"Piper told me everything." She manages to get out.

So Piper did listen to me.

"Tatum, im so sorry."

"Did you know?"

"What? Did I know what?"

Why am I faking like I don't know? It'll make it worse.

"That Danny cheated on me with her."

"Oh."

"Did you?"

"Do you want an honest answer?"

"Well I don't want you to lie."

"Then fine. Yes I knew. I saw them together a week or so ago and then Piper called me yesterday asking what to do. But I love you Tate, I didn't wanna get in the middle of something I knew would hurt you."

Theres silence on the other end.

"Tatum?" I ask.