Seemantham gift 🎁

Devasena storms off in a huff during her seemantham. An imagination on what could have happened after that.

***

Amarendra is at the balcony of their chamber standing with his arms stretched out and placed on the railing as he closes his eyes taking in the cool breeze.

Devasena, now changed to simple clothes for the night, walks in looking around for her husband. Spotting him she takes a step forward but stops as she is hesitant to go up to him feeling he might be upset with her but she also felt it was important to clear her stance so she makes up her mind and takes slow walks to the balcony.

Devasena places her hand on his shoulder and he turns seeing her he flaunts a smile but she could sense the sadness deep within. He takes her hand and brings her closer to him. Snaking his arm across her shoulder he points to the full moon.

A: See Devasena, how beautiful and bright the moon is just like you.

She lets out a faint smile.

D mv: There was a great deal of drama earlier how is it that he is so calm and composed without a word of taunt or raising an eyebrow at me?

D: Are you upset with me ?

A: No, not at all ma! Why do you ask that ? (Caresses her head)

She leans her head on his chest and he embraces her.

D: I know.. today I was harsh to you and Rajamatha. My patience surpassed all boundaries when your brother gave away your position to that dog and Rajamatha remained silent to the injustice unfolding before her eyes.I couldn't tolerate my husband being insulted so I reacted that way.

A : (Chuckles) I didn't ask for any explanation my love..

D: You didn't but I had to say else my conscience would kill me.

She looks up hesitantly. He holds her chin lifting her face to meet his gaze.

A: You know Devasena, this is what I like in you - your courage to speak up for what you believe not minding the person infront of you. Let me tell you, I never desired for any position, be it king or senathipathi. I only want to serve Mahishmati and I can do that without any title. Through today's incident I came to know how much my Devasena loves me when she stood high and fought for me. I am so proud that I got you as my wife, this pride is greater than being the emperor of Mahishmati.

D's eyes glisten seeing her husband's trust and love for her.

D: But still... I am not convinced...Rajamatha too was...

Placing one arm across her shoulder and other hand holding hers, he carefully walks her into their room.

A: Amma is not at fault Devasena. It was not her decision she herself seemed shocked when Bhalla did that and she couldn't overrule because the authority to appoint is the King's. I was only hurt that she left halfway.

D: I am feeling bad.. all because of me...

A: Don't ever say that Devasena ! It is not because of you. It had to happen so it happened. I am hopeful that things will change for the better.

He shifts his hand to her bump and smiling at it,

A: Let our son come, he'll bring his nannamma to us in the same force that she walked out..(laughs)

Devasena voices in support of her husband. Placing her hand above his she talks to her little one,

D: Heard that nana ? You nanna has assigned you the task of uniting your nannamma with him. My son will do that right ??