ch5

Hanzo woke up to the sound of his phone buzzing. His husband had texted him, informing him that he would be home at around 5. Hanzo looked at the time. It was 12. He stretched and yawned, rubbing his eyes as he thought about going to the store.

After about ten minutes he decided to get out of bed and put on some clothes. He wore a black t shirt with black jeans, and a blue plaid hoodie. He noticed it was pretty cloudy, so he made a mental note to bring an umbrella. As he was making himself breakfast,  he heard a familiar meow below him. After feeling something rub up against his leg, he came to the conclusion his cat was in need of attention. He looked down at her in awe and pet her.

"Koko, when will you ever let me eat breakfast in peace?" he asked, smiling and putting some food and water down for her.

He ate his breakfast and looked at the time. It was now 12:30. The store was a half hour walk both ways. Hanzo decided to get going so he could have an early start on dinner.

As he was about to leave, he made sure he had his phone,  his keys, and his wallet. He also remembered to grab an umbrella, and a big grocery bag. He then made his way to the store.

______________________________

Jesse had woken up a little later than he was supposed to, but he wasn't in any hurry. Even though his job was a little far from his apartment. He had work again. He would be scolded if his boss Mr Reyes wasnt so laid back. If his bosses husband was in charge though, he would never hear the end of it.

He took his time getting ready, putting on his usual flannel and jeans. He looked outside noticing the sky looked gray and cloudy. He decided to bring a coat and his hat. He grabbed his keyes and tied his shoes before walking out of his apartment.

This was gonna be a long drive.

______________________________

Hanzo scanned the grocery isles for the items he needed in preparation for his husbands arrival. He thought that word was funny.

Husband. 

It was as of hanzo was more of a pet than anything. Only used for fun, pampered, and an item to keep. Hanzo has thought about divorce before, but realistically he couldn't intrude in Genji and Zenyatta's life. Even though his brother had offered countless times. Not to mention, he had no job skills. So even if he did decide to live with his brother, It would be a while before he could get his own place.

Hanzo couldn't lie, it was nice to have anything he asked for. But he never felt like it meant anything. It was all useless to him. He sees how Genji and Zenyatta work and do things normal people do to sustain a healthy relationship. A home. Hanzo didnt have a home.

Hanzo finished his shopping and walked to the self check out. Once he finished scanning his groceries, he walked outside, noticing that it was starting to rain. He pulled his umbrella and struggled to hold it and the groceries. He realized how long of a walk this would be.

The half hour walk back home turned into an hour, and Hanzo still wasnt home.  He wished he knew how to drive. "How amazing a car would be right now." he said, defeated, and shivering. He should have layered up. Suddenly a big gust of wind caught Hanzo off guard, and inverted his umbrella, and then it broke.

"No no no!" yelled. He threw the umbrella into a trash can, and pulled his hoodie over his head. He started to get tired from carrying the groceries.

"Could this day get any worse??" he said. He felt like a cat who had been in water. He hated it. He sighed as he tried his best to not just ditch the groceries and cry. It was a long day, even if it only was 2 pm. It felt like a whole day.

______________________________

Jesse was driving to work,  when all of a sudden, he drives past one of the owners of the house he was going to. He had to double take before he could believe it. He was even carrying bags! And had no umbrella?? He stopped his truck and reversed a little, rolling down his window. It took Hanzo a second before he realized who it was. "Excuse me Mr. Hanzo, do you need a lift??" Jesse asked, concerned. Hanzo then smiled wide and grateful, nodding quickly. "That would be lovely, thank you." he said, quickly making his way into the truck.

"Christ, youre all wet." Jesse said, turning on the heater.

Hanzo sighed. "Im sorry. I hope this isnt any trouble-" he was cut off by Jesse. "It aint no problem, Darli- I mean Mr. " Jesse went red in the face and stopped homself from saying more. He knew this was a married man in the car. Now is not the time to flirt. He could hear Hanzo shivering. "So howcome you didn't have an umbrella?" Jesse asked, curious, And trying to keep conversation. Hanzo looked down with a soft angry look, But it wasn't toward Jesse. "The wind inverted it and it broke." Hanzo sighed. He felt better now that he wasn't trudging in the rain, carrying bags against the wind. "Damn thats terrible. Glad I found ya. Who knows what could have happened."

Hanzo chuckled. "This neighborhood is one of the safest out here. Worst that could happen to me is a wild squirrel attack."

Jesse laughed. Maybe too hard, But he genuinely thought it was funny. "Didn't take you for the humorous type." Hanzo raised a brow. "What is that supposed to mean?" Jesse got nervous. Did he say something wrong?

"I-uh n-nothin, I just thought you were more of the serious type" he tripped over his words. Hanzo let out a chuckle. "Relax, Jesse I was messing with you."

Jesse laughed again, And they drove back in relative silence. Except for the quiet radio playing.

Once they arrived at the house, Hanzo thanked Jesse immensely And Jesse even offered to take the bags for Hanzo, But he kindly declined. Though, Hanzo noticed it was still raining and invited Jesse to come inside.

"Oh-uh I dunno, I don't mean to intrude or anything." Jesse said nervously, scratching the back of his neck. "Nonsense" laughed Hanzo.

"It's nearly pouring out. The plants are watered. Come, are you hungry?" Hanzo asked. He was always one to make sure guests are always taken care of.

"Well of you insist, Mr. Shimada." Jesse followed Hanzo into the house and he was greeted with warmth. He took off his coat and Hanzo told him to hang it up. He did so, and stood with his hands behind his back patiently.

"You can sit anywhere you like. The bathroom is over there, And the other one is down the hall. Would you like to watch TV while I make some lunch?"

Jesse was overwhelmed And was blushing. Hanzo was taking care of him. "Uh-y-yeah. Sure"

Hanzo handed Jesse the remote and went into the kitchen to make lunch. Jesse took the remote and just... sat there.

"Mcfuck" he said, barely audible. Then he turned The TV on, still in shock, And put on some (sports??). While he was watching tv, he heard a noise that scared him half to death. It was Hanzo's cat.

McCree jumped up and made a startled yelp. "Oh, damn, kitty. You scared the livin daylights outa me." The held his chest, feeling for a heartbeat.

Hanzo rushed into the living room. "Is everything alright?" He asked, concerned. Jesse nodded and pointed at koko. "Yer cat scared me is all. Is wasn't expectin' another being in this place." The chuckled nervously, as he was still trying to compose himself.

Hanzo laughed. "Oh, let me introduce you, then. This is my cat, Koko. She's very curious, so she was just checking in the new company." He pointed at Jesse when he said 'new company'. "Hey there, girl." Jesse went to Pet koko, But koko hissed and ran away. Hanzo laughed. "Dont take it personally. She's a big scaredy cat, And rarely likes anybody new."

Jesse sighed. "Ya can't win 'em all."