Ch8

Hanzo sat in the truck waiting for Jesse to return with their food. And for the pain killers to kick in. This part of the town was foreign to him. It was very run down, and old.

Hanzo massaged his head. He was also probably dehydrated. He looked towards the restaurant, and saw Jesse standing and waiting for their food. But considering the windows were down, he could hear Jesse speaking a different language, which he assumed was Spanish, quite fluently to the other patrons awaiting their food. Hanzo was impressed. He thought Jesse speaking Spanish was attractive and blushed a little.

Jesse then looked at Hanzo, and waved with a big goofy smile at him. Hanzo smiled and waved back, feeling his Heart fluttering.

"This can't be happening..." Hanzo said quietly to himself. He clenched his hoodie in his fist where his Heart was.

When he looked back at Jesse, he was returning with their food and a bottle of something.

Jesse opened the drivers door and handed Hanzo a wrapped up burrito, and the bottle. "I got you some water for your headache." Jesse said, as he sat in his seat, closing the door , and setting the burrito on his lap.

"Thank you, Jesse. That was very thoughtful." Hanzo said, taking a drink of his water. "Should we eat back at my house?" Hanzo said, now cuddling his burrito, and sipping on his water.

"Whatever you wanna do, Han." Jesse said, starting to drive back to Hanzo's house.

______________________________________________

When they got back, Hanzo didn't even wait till they were in the door. He started unwrapping his burrito in the driveway, and took his first bite before walking inside.

When they walked inside, he and Jesse made their way to the dining room table. Koko jumped up on the table, and Hanzo shooed her. "Get down, you silly cat. You're not supposed to be on the table." He said, taking a big bite of his burrito. Jesse laughed and began eating his burrito.

Koko kept rubbing up against Jesse's legs while he was eating.

"She likes you. That's odd." Said Hanzo, chasing down his burrito with his water.

"Why's it odd?" Jesse asked.

"Well, usually koko hates people. Any time we've had any of Jame's family or friends over , koko hates it and hides away until everyone's gone. But I guess she likes you." Hanzo said, smiling as he finished off his food.

Jesse smiled and looked down at the cat. "She's mighty cute." He said, finishing his food.

Hanzo hummed in agreement as he took his and Jesse's trash and put it into the bin.

______________________________________________

Jesse and Hanzo took a walk through the garden, so Jesse could retrieve the equipment he left behind while he and Hanzo went to get breakfast instead.

Hanzo adored the garden. He loved the kinds of flowers and plants in it. He didn't know a thing about gardening, though. He never learned.

He let out an audible sigh, and Jesse looked over at him. "What's wrong?" He said, closing up the shed once he finished putting the equipment inside.

"Oh, nothing. I just wish I could garden. I love plants. Though no flowers here are as beautiful as sakura in the spring..." Hanzo trailed off. McCree found himself mesmerized by Hanzo and his fascination. And Jesse thought nothing was as beautiful as Hanzo. The way Hanzo had felt of the sakura trees.

"I've never seen a sakura tree before. Not in real life." Jesse said. "Maybe I can teach you. How to garden?" Jesse said, nervous. He wondered if that was a stupid idea.

Hanzo looked up in amazement. "Really? You would teach me?" Hanzo asked.

Jesse rubbed his neck and showed that damn goofy smile he always had.

"It'd be no problem. Ya know, I always wanted to be a teacher. I just didn't think I'd end up teaching a rich grown man in his garden before." Jesse laughed. And Hanzo joined him.

"Thank you, Jesse." Said Hanzo.

"You'll be learnin to drive and garden in no time."

______________________________________________

Sooner than either really wanted, Jesse had left and Hanzo was alone again.

He felt upset knowing he had feelings for Jesse. He couldn't deny it anymore. He felt guilty because he has a husband. He felt sad that he didn't know what to do about any of it.

"What if Jesse has no interest in me? I understand we can just be friends, he doesn't owe me anything. But I just want him to feel the same. I want him . " he thought to himself. 

Hanzo walked into his room. He lied down on his bed and started to tear up. He didn't know why he was crying. Maybe he held too much in all the time. He felt a lot of things right now.

All he could think about though, was Jesse.
"Jesse..................................................................................................His coat!"

Hanzo remembered he still had Jesse's coat. He went into his bathroom to get it. He took it out from under the sink, and put it on.

"Is this... wrong? Jesse didn't even ask for it back. Did he forget? Will he be mad if he knows I still have it?" Hanzo's thoughts were racing. He took off his hoodie and shirt, and put it on. It was a little bigger than his size, and his hands drowned in the sleeves. He went back to his bed, curling up into a ball of sad, and eventually, falling victim to sleep.