Chapter Four

The hallways were filled with students within ten seconds after the bell rang. I made my way to my locker. Maybe I was overreacting this morning. Either no one noticed me or they just didn't care about what happened last week. And that was just fine with me, but ,of course, I just had to be wrong. I had finally gotten my locker lock off after three tries. I could feel the evil behind me before the hand with hot pink finger nail polish slammed my locker closed. The bang was loud enough to silence the whole hallway.

   That hand happened to belong to the meanest girl in school, Joshlenyn Kroger. A girl that enjoyed ruining my life. I turned around slowly, to have a slip of paper crushed into my chest and shoved down my shirt.

    ''Look freak, your stupid cake ruined my brand new jacket,'' she seethed. ''And now your paying for the dry cleaning, pick it up on Thursday and pay for while your there. Understand?'' she said with a sickly sweet smile. Before I could answer she turned and walked away, her stupid drones following her laughing. The whole school was in murmur, either watching her walk away or staring at me. The bell rang and everyone one went back to minding their own lives.

     I guess you could say I was 'saved by the bell'.

   I grabbed the receipt from my shirt and threw it in my locker. I was not paying for her jacket, maybe I would and return it to her burned and ripped apart. I closed and locked my locker and walked off to class.

     After second period, Candice, the girl responsible for the locker cake, caught up with me on my way to third period.

 ''Are you avoiding me!?'' Candice exclaimed.

''No.'' I sighed bluntly.

"So your just mad at me. It wasn't my fault. I didn't even buy the cake, Matthew did!''

"I know both of you texted me, telling me at least twenty times over the weekend and you are the one with my combination.''

"But you never answered the texts which means your mad, your not denying it!'' she augured.

" Candice!, I'm not mad. I'm just having a really bad day. And where's Matthew?'' I asked.

''Not here'' she answered, ''I heard about the Joshlenyn incident and the detention.''

I looked at her in surprise.

    ''Jenny was in the office at the time, you know how she likes noboby's business to be everybody's business.'' She explained.

   I did know how she liked to spread things, and that's why she didn't have any friends. Joshlenyn couldn't even befriend her betrayal.

****************************************************************************************

    The rest of the day went by without any problems, besides a few random finger points, smirks, or shots of laughter towards my way. But my real problem was at home. I had no idea what waited for me there. I walked to the bus to go home. I didn't see the boy from this morning, not that I would have taken another ride from him. I just wanted my phone back. I have no idea how to explain where it is to my parents.

     I walked up the bus stairs and sat down in the front seat, the only empty seat. The bus pulled off a few minutes later. Since I was the last pick-up I was the first drop-off. We were about five minutes from my house when I felt the seat sinking from someone sitting beside me. I looked over, annoyed. Can a girl get a little private time? I was frozen in shock at what I saw. It was the boy from this morning.

   ''Here." was all he said. He held out his hand but I couldn't tear my eyes from his face to even see what it way he was holding. He drop it in my lap and stood up and walked off the bus in a hurry. I sat there stunted, wondering how my stop had arrived so quickly.

   ''Hey'' the bus driver called,''Isn't this your stop?''

   ''Yes'' I answered gathering my things. I looked at my lap, it was my phone. Was I always going to feel like this after seeing him? I'll probably never be able to thank him with him always running off. As soon as I steed off the the bus, the doors closed and the bus drove off within five seconds. I looked around for the boy. He was no where in sight. Again. I walked up my driveway and into my house.

   "I'm home!" I called.

 "In the kitchen, Mia'' My dad answered. That's weird, I thought. His voice sounded strange. I walked into the kitchen to see my mother teary eyed and my father standing beside her with a grave look. They were both facing me.

"What's going on?'' I asked.

My father was the first to answer. ''Mia we have some bad news.''

A/N: How do you feel about this chapter leave a comment to give feedback and vote if you like it means a lot! Thank you to anyone still reading!