Who are you? - part 2

Out of the carriage exits a surprisingly peculiar sight. An unnaturally tall figure with an outfit very hard on the eye. While he takes slow steps towards Washington I try to focus on his face as everything else more than distracts you from it. A mostly pleasant yet mischievous smile eases onto his lips and from what I can tell it is an honest one. Lexi jumping at the opportunity to meet another distracts me from trying to catch the small details on this guy that anyone and everyone would miss "Thomas Jefferson, Alexander Hamilton. Pleasure meeting you, sir!" Unfortunately by stepping closer to Lexi he indirectly steps closer to me and I suddenly feel short, a feeling one does not usually get when surrounded by Hamilton and Madison. 

"And who might this beautiful lady be?" he gently yet mindlessly took a light hold of my hand and guided it in front of his face for a friendly peck. " Y/n, I look forward to working with you." That was sort of true. If this guy does his job right, our work load would decrease handsomely. "Oh darlin' , I hope we can spend some after work hours together as well." My body screams to blurt out a 'I suppose some of us are more incapable in their profession than others' or 'if that is how you try to win over a maiden's heart then some lessons after work are indeed much needed' but I keep my mouth shut and try to communicate my thoughts through a cold and expressionless visage. I always loathed this feeling, my thoughts and words stuck at the back of my throat like a sickness no doctor, witch or apothecary can identify let alone fix. In a very ironic twist of fate I suppose Madison and I have a little more in common than one would presume. From the corner of my eye I catch a sympathetic look from Lexi. Thanks buddy. Either way this interaction (thankfully) lasts but a mere moment due to Madison pulling over Jefferson with a serious look in his eyes. In summary:

In one corner we have : James Madison! The shortest politician who wouldn't allow his poor health to distract him from his goals VERSUS Thomas Jefferson! The tallest politician with the ability to blind you with his suit! Who would win? Who would lose? You decide!

The warm sunny outside quickly turned into a gloomy interrogation room with Madison being the detective and Jefferson the suspect. Not expecting this turn of events Jefferson's eyes travel to either side of Madison but never directly at the calm fury in front of him. This of course, as fate would have it, lead our eyes to meet. My nature tells me to look away however there is something awfully amusing in seeing his silent pleads for help. Since I can't directly speak my mind I'll be slightly mean in other ways. "Tut tut. Madison, I have never seen you quite this agitated." I wait a fraction of a moment for Madison's expression to fall in consideration of his actions and Jefferson's eyes to light up in hopes of a rescue. After which I do not waste a second to continue "It's honestly quite refreshing. Work here must have you pent up with stress and I hear stress always has to be relieved otherwise your health might take a fall. " The thing with Madison is, we have mutual respect so I will not force him to do something which he would regret, that being public indecency. "How about a note. I've been told writing down your emotions into letters and then making sure the person your feelings are towards read said letter is soothing for the soul." At my proposition Madison's face brightens up a tad. "I will tour Mr Jefferson while you go ahead and get to writing while emotions are at a high." I offer a sweet smile with my eyes as closed at possible to hide the slight regret behind it. At the end of it all I remind myself that there is nothing to regret. Madison will never be explicit verbally, but in writing, let's just say Jefferson will definitely be hit harder with the latter rather than the former. A moment longer and Madison was on his way "I wanted to thank you for saving me back there. When James is pissed, you take cover " I smile knowing what's to come "What I did, I did for Madison....don't flatter yourself" one comment, surely with no one else around I am allowed one unpleasant comment. A part of me is relieved to see his eyes sharpen and his smile grow all the more mischievous rather than throwing a tantrum over a woman overstepping some boundaries "Feisty little thing, how about you and I find a room just for us and get to know each other a little better?" My previous calm quickly shifting as he takes a step large enough to invade my personal space. I will render you infertile. He placed his hand under my chin making me look up at him. I'll need to bathe in bleach "Who on God's green Earth gave you the brilliant idea that you can touch me because I sure didn't" There is no need for me to hide the bark in my voice or the snarl on my lip, what there is need for is learning that disrespecting me is a mistake. To really drive home the message, I shove his hand away from my face. 

Everybody with some sort of political role either works at home or has an office in this one giant building. It's like mixing dogs with cats - but we somehow manage. The stress of working with so many different individuals and my heavy workload is enough, I don't need this. Of course anyone would tell me to calm down but arrogant pigs that treat others as they see fit boils my blood. "Oh? You are a fiery lady!" he exclaims signifying his presence behind me. Does he not understand social norms? "Before you comment, I did't mean to offend you. I promise to everything under the sun that is good, that I am actually actively trying to be respectful towards women!" The tone of his voice is light and playful, such is the tone of someone who does not mean what they are preaching. Tsk. I avert my eyes and quicken my pace "If that is the way you show respect then please run to your mother and ask her to teach you again" Satisfied with my reply I lead him straight to Madison's office not wishing another second in the presence of a dishonest airhead.

"That's your stop Mr Jefferson. You need not follow me like a lost puppy." I halt in front of the door and knock as quietly as I could. It is one of the little ways I try to compromise with Madison for having to deal with both Lexi and I being only a few doors down. "Yes? Come in. " the reply through the door is comparable to the squeak of a mouse, easy to miss if you weren't accustomed to it. He greets us with a polite smile that seems to have forgotten the strain of his earlier complications. "I hope it wouldn't be too much trouble for you to continue the tour? After all I'm not exactly versed in new workers' offices." A simple soothing 'of course' and relief washed over me "Madison? " I query to get some small talk going " I hope you will be present during the upcoming Cabinet battle?" I call it a battle for joke's sake and that managed to raise the corners of Mads' lips. As nice as it is to make the ones around you smile, I count each smile as a token of a single unkind comment one is allowing to disregard from me. "I am. Didn't Washington tell you? " of course not, everyone seems to enjoy making me figure out information on my own as if I was the protagonist in a murder mystery novella " I've merely talked to him this morning . What's the big secret ?" better to know sooner rather than later I suppose "The meeting is between Thomas and Hamilton" I can't keep the scheming smile from crawling over my features which slides a hint of sarcasm into my following exclamation "Such luck! Jefferson just popped in and now he has to deal with Lexi and I!"