I need them essays , Thomas [ part 2 ]

I bear the misfortune of needing to type on another person's laptop and the speel-check doesn't work properly so please if there's any spelling or grammatical errors tell me where it is so I can fix it as soon as possible !

"Tick tock ... tick tock ... tick tock ... you spelt that wrong . Hey ! That rhymed ... wait ... no . It only rhymed in my mind " it's been half an hour already !!!!!! I don't remember when I began mumbling to myself . UGH ! I focus on Jefferson , more precisely , judging the speed of his writing . My narrowed eyes kept following the tip of the quill , my ears blocking everything else besides the scratching of the paper - left and right and left and right and left and right and left and right and left and ri- ...yawn . Quills are fucking magical . Knowing he's too absorbed in work to notice me doing anything I stand up from the chair and turn it so it's facing me . Weaving my legs through the armrests and letting my arms droop around the back of the chair I succeed a sitting position on a turned around chair . My mum would be proud ... I rest my chin on the top of the back of the chair and let the dancing feather of the quill lull me to sleep . 

Thomas' POV 

HOW DOES SHE EXPECT ME TO FINISH THIS IN HALF AN HOUR , IS SHE MAD ! I let out a frustrated sigh because my brain decided to take a break . I don't know how to conclude my essay ... I quickly glance at Y/n and imediatelly avert my eyes ... wait . I look back up again and tilt my head . So she's sleeping ... when did that happen ? Pinching the bridge of my nose I decide I need a break . With an exhale I sit back into my chair . The ceiling is very entertaining indeed but I need a better way to spend the next 5 minutes ... maybe more than that . There's knocking on the door and I honestly am glad for any form of distraction "Come in" . Oh ! It's James ! Maybe he can entertain me ! "There's something I've been asked to give to you" I see him holding a letter and my excitement suddenly dropped . More work , lovely ! James neard my desk and side glances at Y/n "Don't ask , please " I respond to his actions and he proceeds to gently place the letter on my desk . That's definitely a seal I do not recognise , meaning it's not Washington or anybody similar . That's the excitement I've been looking for ! "May I ask who - " James cut me off "You will find out , Thomas " I would feel offended but my curiousity is at it's peak . There's no way James would respond as such if it was work related . "Thank you James "  

James is not here , the door is closed and Y/n is sleeping . Could it be ? My mind hazes for a fraction of a moment , my heart going wild at the possibility . I might be getting my hopes up for nothing but simply the thought of it is worth a thousand disappointements . The adrenaline pumping through me makes my fingers tremble as I open the letter as delicately as I could  . As much as I adore the anticipation and would wish to read the letter first I can't help myself , my eyes dart straight at the bottom 

( the letter is going to be in italics as per usual )

Have fun , Thomas 

- L/n 

 L-L-L/n . That's my L/n . Butterflies fill my entire body as I hold the paper as if it's a treasure ... what am I talking about , it IS a treasure . I don't want to damage the paper in the slightest yet I don't want to just leave it on the desk , holding it sets my heart aflame ... What if I scared her away ! What if she's going to tell me she doesn't want me to associate myself with her in any way ... no no no no .. that's not gonna happed ... I clear my head of all of those pestering thoughts and read the letter , from the top .

Thomas Jefferson , 

Fortunately for you I have read the letter you've send me . I apologise for the late response , I'm not going to give you any excuses since mine is quite silly . If you may , forgive my bluntness but you're a fanboy confusing infatuation with love . It's upsetting how you use me as a vessel for your expectations and preferences . I'm a person that's far from the General that exists only in your dreams . I hope you understand what I mean by that . You don't know me , you know the me that's a general . Washington isn't just a president and you're not just a secretary of state . I can't tell you my reasoning behind this letter since I'm not quite sure myself . I want us to send letters to each other , only letters . We will not meet for I want you to figure out who I am . I feel like it's a fun way for us to get to know each other ! As everyone knows , you speak to Lafayette and I can assure you none of the people that know me would give you any hints , knowing them they might actually send you into a completely different direction . Please respond with a letter which I want you to pass to Madison and he will give it to me . You just figure out who I am . You can see who I am as a person through the letters and of course if you figure out who I am , you can make a judgement for yourself and decide your feelings . 

I'm waiting for your response

I sincerely hope you 

Have fun , Thomas 

- L/n

S-she thinks I'm using her , how absurd ! I will prove to her my feelings stem from reality and not my desires , and besides - she's offering me to get to know her better ! I will end up falling in love with her more and more . I close my eyes and let out a sigh , this time feeling determined to finish all my work so I can hurry and write a response . 

I'm not sure what's faster , my writing or my heart-beat ...