Obviously I would have her letter - part 2

Sigh . I love the Schuylers for hosting balls every so often . That means that the office is quiet . I mean , it's usually quiet but you knew people were there . There is a feeling of lonesome hanging in the air ... and I'm getting poetic ... Madison should be going soon ... and I got letters to read . I hesitantly look at the pile of - more like mountain of letters . Ya know , normal people are dancing and drinking right now .

Earlier today I tried finding all my letters . One was on Philip's masterpiece , a few behind the shelf , some underneath my chair - I'm honestly impressed . I never knew there were so many places where you can hide stuff in my office - or I'm just very inventive . I'll go with the latter . Remembering the letter that was ever so gracefully sitting on the little house of books I dig it out from the pile - leaving a huge mess on my desk ... which is pretty normal actually . I look at the letter enjoying every swirl and detail on the wax seal . It's really pretty .

"Jaaaames " a deep voice singing out 'James' boomed through the corridor . Sigh . A quiet voice replied and here's me not feeling the slightest social and praying for them to just leave . Half a minute of them talking IN FRONT OF MY DOOR I heard a light knock

Jefferson's POV

I reach James' office ... shesh , it's very empty here . There's usually yelling ... from Alexander . Without knocking I open the door and query if James is ready for the ball . Sigh . He needs to put more color into his outfits . We share a casual greeting and I stand there waiting for him to lock his office door "I just need to give Y/n the keys so she can lock up then we can be on our way " he states . Y/n ? Oooh , that girl . Tsk , she debated me over not taking part on the war ! I'm still salty about that . In attempts to lift my mood I daydream about the General . I let out a dreamy sigh and a smile sits in my lips . I know Lafayette is a friend of hers but unfortunately I haven't had the pleasure of meeting her ... yet . He did tell me what she looked like . I go over what Marquis has told me about her hair but I can't help but fantasize about her hair as something I will be able to caress while I hold her in my arms ~ She's been described as a strong woman who will stand up for herself ... the kind of woman that's difficult to find and the kind of woman I long for . As far as I know she's close to Lafayette , John Laurence , Hercules Mulligan , the Schuyler sisters and ... Hamilton . From them I know that if she cares about somebody she'll make it obvious ; things such as holding your arm , a lot hugs and overall being extremely comfortable around you . My entire body warms up as my mind flashes images of me and her intertwining our fingers . Oh dear lord , I want her so badly ... James accidentally nudges me therefore dragging me out of my fantasies ... I send him a glare before looking in front of me . The door of Y/n's office was open and she was standing underneath the frame , that's not what's interesting though - what she's holding is what catches my attention

Reader's POV

... Ugh . Not bothering to put the letter back on my desk I walk up to the door with it in hand . Using my free hand I swing the door open however I also make sure it doesn't hit the shelf behind it . Why is there a fucking shelf behind a door ? Who's genius idea was this ! I sigh ... once again and look up to see Madison with Jefferson behind him "You're not attending the ball this evening ? " that was more of a statement and besides - do I look like I'm going ... but let's not be a sarcastic prick . I shook my head left to right lightly . "Mr. Washington queried if it would be alright if you could lock the front door whenever you leave " I mean , you can say it like that but I don't have much of a choice . Since one of my hands is on the door I extend my other hand with my palm upwards positioning the edge of the letter between my middle and ring finger . The letter was merely hanging between my fingers as I wait for Madison to pass me the keys . I take a quick look at Jefferson who didn't meet my gaze and instead remained fixated at the ... I follow his stare to the letter ... Is he trying to get all up in my business ? Madds is just about to hand over the keys however Jefferson reacts quicker ... HE JUST TOOK MY LETTER AND HE'S JUST STANDING THERE OBSERVING IT !!!! What kind of special asshole does that !? Both me and Madison are just looking at Jefferson who's looking intensely at what I'm guessing the seal on the letter . It sure is gorgeous but I refuse to belief he lacks that much common sense as to do that with as simple reason as 'the seal was pretty' . Getting extremely frustrated over his behavior I stomp my foot on the ground and I fake cough whilst sending him a shard glare . He just replies with a "Why do you have her letter ?" neglecting his dismal manners I retort back with "What on Earth are you talking about ? I knew your antics as a secretary of state are insane but now I can confirm it's not just your politics but it's also your personality that is fucked up " I have the urge to cuss him for hours "Stop being Alexander's little pet and certainly do stop pretending to be him . This seal is mine and I've only used it on one letter . A letter that was supposed to be to General L/n but unfortunately got send to you " I was going to get mad about him insulting me but that is overwritten by my absolute confusion . This man is seriously crazy . I send Madison a questioning look and he explains the situation in a way only I would understand but yet leave Jefferson just as lost "He doesn't know" . Jefferson didn't know that I am the general , unless he's talking about some other general that coincidentally has the same last name as mine . Madison takes the letter from Jefferson saying "I'll leave your letter in my office and make sure it reaches General L/n " Jefferson for some reason is really pissed off over this situation and snatches both the letter and the keys from Madison and I suppose he's going to put MY letter in James' office himself . "After he leaves you can unlock my office and take the letter " Mads gave me permission and I could feel my curiosity steadily building up . Jefferson stomps his way back to my office and drags Madison along with him to the exit .

EXAMS ARE OVER ! I can freely upload again ~