Thomas, you dumb bitch - part 1

Attention ! The idea for this chapter as well as the upcoming chapters is all thanks to      lightshadow28 !    So a massive thank you to them because I was honestly lost with where the story was going until now!

You can expect more great ideas in their 'Land of Blood' which is a Hamilton fic! It takes less than a minute and you might find a story you love so definitely give it a go!

Reader's POV 

"My back hurts" I nonchalantly piped to myself. Why do I do this to myself? I put my feet down from the edge of the desk and stretch my arms up. The sound of my bones cracking from all over my body brings Thomas' attention to me. "I told you to stop with that horrible noise. It gives me shivers." His deadpan expression matches his tired voice. A part of me likes to think that under all his exhaustion, he realised his mistake. With a mischievous smirk I bring my hands together and bend my fingers to recreate the pop he hates to much. I see him noticeably shrink into himself. Fun times. "You are a child" his gaze sharpens at me. "Wow... I'm so offended. A child? I'm an annoying bitch, get your terminology right." So disgraceful! People these days... Before I get back to work a knock on the door saves me from the impending fatigue.

Thomas was clearly not bothered so instead of standing up to open the door he let Lexi do that for himself. The problem is, I don't think he knew that it was Lexi knocking. I see my friend give Thomas a cold glance before smiling at me. "I see you are so incompetent, N/n had to help you out, Jefferson." A smug smirk formed on his lips. I didn't sign up to watch this but it better be entertaining. A sigh is heard from Thomas who looks so done with life. I feel you, buddy. "Either way. Please finish up and make your way to the ballroom as soon as possible." Lexi informed us in a very formal manner which I found a bit strange, until he faced me "Hurry 'cause we have drinks to get through!" Legally speaking I can't adopt a brother but God dammit Lexi and I have to be related somehow! "Aight! These papers are getting finished tomorrow. Washington can fight me." Somehow the promise of seeing my best friends drunk out of their wits made a new found energy surge through me. I hoop my arm around Alex's and a wave of blissful ignorance to the work we'll have tomorrow covers both of us. 

Jefferson's POV

My heart aches from even looking at my desk. Bleh. Without a second thought I grab my blazer from the back of my chair and put it on. I must say, with this outfit, I look as handsome as the devil himself. Let's just hope she thinks so too... Oh lord. The thought itself made me let out a shaky breath. She's going to be there...ma chèrie ... no no, she's not mine yet. Who am I kidding? I can't do this! There is a chance I will talk to her! The thought alone is so exhilarating, yet my heart is thumping both in joy and anxiety. What did Y/n say last week? Deep breath in, deep breath out. My body feels weak. This isn't helping, Y/n! Okay, think positive. This is my chance to figure out who she is. Not only that, this is my opportunity to meet her while also knowing she is L/n is if I play my cards right. Mon ange standing in front of me. Oh lord please allow me to dance with her. One hand holding hers and the other resting on her hip, pulling her close to me. Maybe she will hear my heartbeat that belongs to her and her only. Her warmth caressing me as we sway to the music. My face is burning up. I wonder how she would react. Would she tease me? Would she find it endearing? I want to see your every expression and reaction. I want to kiss you, L/n. I want to keep you close and protect you from this world that has been so ruthless to you. Is that so wrong? 

"Thomas!" I went from lovingly staring at nothing to squinting at the figure in front of me. "I'm sorry Thomas but it's time to go." Mads' outfit is disappointing as usual. Does L/n like simpler suits? Am I too eccentric? No. I shouldn't think like that. She cares about who I am as a person. "Thinking of L/n again?" I would if you didn't interrupt me every time. "And what of it Madison?" There is an amused note to his voice. "Nothing in particular but if you have your head in the clouds so often she will walk right past you." Even though his comment is lighthearted, he definitely has some sort of point... if I knew what she looked like. I know she has h/c hair and basic descriptors but it's not exactly enough information "Either way. Instead of day dreaming I could be dancing with her as we speak. Let's hurry." 

Throughout the conversation the topics we discussed varied and I would usually say that's a good thing - but not now when there is one thing I want on my mind. 

Rose's POV 

Rosy cheeks, brilliant blue dress, innocent smile. I got it. I'll catch someone by the end of the night and papa will be so proud! Loitering around isn't going to get me anywhere though. Time for some fishing! Hmm... he's too short, he doesn't look that wealthy, too loud, too close to his male friend... Well if it isn't Thomas Jefferson himself! Kya! So dreamy! Okay okay. Mission in action. I dodge the people around me while making my way towards him. A few more steps aaaannnnddd "Oh my! I'm so sorry. I guess I'm rather nervous, how embarrassing!" I 'accidentally' bump into him and add a nervous giggle at the end of my words. Let's see. He definitely has experience with women, how do I stand out? "You definitely walk with a purpose, sir. Would a small chat be too much of an inconvenience?" A closed eyed smile to seal the deal and that should score me a conversation. Someone with such reputation cannot be rude to me. "No need to be shy, mademoiselle" He's so polite! I keep my smile on as I notice him take in my features. Warmth creeps on my cheeks knowing Jefferson, the Thomas Jefferson, is giving me so much attention. From what I've been told my big e/c eyes are a real show stopper so I flutter my eye lashes to bring his attention to them. "Say dear, you remind me of a certain someone I'm looking for. Could I possibly ask the assistance of such a lovely lady like yourself?" SCORE! He is asking for a favor, in other words, he is relying on me. On the other hand, he is looking for someone...but that gives me time. As long as I cause enough delay I can win him over. "May I ask who that certain someone is?" soft, smooth and almost vulnerable - if I keep my words tender, he will trust me. A gentle hum escapes him lips "General L/n"... I freeze... My legs stick to the ground as if they were made of stone. Hold up, me. It's all okay. He must be wanting to see her to thank her for her services or something! "Of course! You arrived home rather recently and meeting her must be at the top of your list tonight." Even when trying to get my hopes up a nervous laugh escapes me. "Do you know what she looks like?" His question is harmless and casual but it sure made me nervous. "Of course I do! H/l h/c hair, e/c eyes, about y/h tall..." she... General L/n... out basic descriptions match... "Well you definitely look like that certain someone, do you not?" The feeling of his eyes on me is haunting... but papa... if I marry someone important he will stop neglecting me for my sister. "Hmm~ I wonder if that's just a coincidence?" I muster as much confidence as I can through a smirk.

[lol I take such long breaks I'm surprised people haven't completely given up on this story]