Exodus: of gods and queens

Name: fExodus: of gods and queens
Author: Precious_Nkem
Genre: Historical fiction
Status: Completed

~•~

~featured on Wattpad's Diverse Worlds picks~

"Forty two," Pharaoh said as he banged a bejeweled fist on his throne.

Rai looked at the king blankly, she did not understand what he meant.

"Forty two what, o wise Pharaoh?"

"Forty two magicians and sorcerers! The very best in the whole of Egypt. Do you know what I did to them?"

Rai swallowed but remained mute. She was too scared to speak.

"Answer me!" Pharaoh roared as he half rose from his throne.

"I do not know, my lord. I have been absent for the past six months."

"Well, since you were not around, allow me fill you in."

He relaxed into his throne and fixed Rai with a heated gaze. "I hung them all." He paused, as if waiting for his horrifying words to sink in. "Every single one of them. I also included their families, and even their little ones weren't spared. Do you understand what's at stake if you fail?"

Rai nodded. She was unable to find her voice.

"Good. Now that we understand each other, let me tell you Moses' latest threat."

~~What if the gods of Egypt existed, forty feet vicious creatures fighting for dominance and obsessing over power?

What if a son of Pharaoh escaped the 10th plague, taking refuge in the midst of the very people tormented by his father?

It was 1446 B.C.; the year of the Isrealites' exit, standoff among gods, and the rise of Queens.

#42 in Historical Fiction (05/March /2018) *written in British English.
*cover image not mine.