Chapter Seven

"Well, that seemed odd. Something was a little suspicious to me." Brooke spoke up. It made me mad that she couldn't have sympathy for the woman.

"I feel bad. Maybe we should help her." Chloe ignored Brooke and looked at the door as if Mrs. Stevens would appear again any second.

We went back to our spots on the couch and all sat in silence, none of us knew what to say.

"I think it's fine guys. She will show up in no time. The lady said it has happened before, so everything will be okay." Cameron said, confidently taking Chloe's hand in his. Chloe looked at him with pure joy, proud of him I'm sure.

I could feel all of the stress come off of everyone. He was right. There was nothing to worry about. Just a kid that went for a walk.

"Hey. I have an idea." Wyatt said suddenly. He was looking at his phone and quickly turned on some music. It was heavy rap, just like Scott had been listening to. From the few seconds of the song, I could already hear a lot of dirty terms thrown around.

"What is it?" Brooke asked, suddenly seeming interested in the conversation.

"How about we play a little game." he almost whispered, looking at all of us challengingly. He got up from the couch, sat near the middle of the floor, and put his phone far in front of him. I leaned over to see his phone. Crap. It was a virtual bottle. As in spin the bottle.

"Oh..." I blurted without even thinking. Jake laughed and joined Wyatt on the floor, clapping his hands. He looked back at me as if begging for me to join him. I sighed and took a seat next to him. Brooke immediately sat next to Wyatt, and Chloe and Cameron followed.

"Everyone knows how to play?"

"Hell yeah," Brooke answered for all of us. She sat a little straighter as if knowing something serious was about to happen. I pulled some hair that had fallen from my braids behind my ear. I could feel my head pounding with the many thoughts running through it. I could not think straight I was so nervous. I mean I had kissed a boy before, but it was not what you would call a fascinating experience.

"Is this okay with you?" Jake whispered so only I could hear. Everyone else was having an argument about the rules. I had to think of an appropriate answer. Of course, I was okay with it, I just wasn't very experienced. With the hesitation, Jake turned to look at me. His eyes were wide and he stared right into mine. I shivered without thinking and pondered a response.

"Yeah." is all I could come up with. He smiled at me and turned back to the group, which was ready to play.

"Okay, I'll spin first." Brooke started. She tapped the screen causing the bottle to spin and sat back to watch. I followed it as it landed on Cameron.

"Ooooh." Wyatt hooted, clapping his hands.

I watched as Brooke looked at Chloe with no sympathy on her face whatsoever. Chloe was obviously uncomfortable. Brooke made a show of bending over and making her butt stick out for Wyatt to admire while planting an innocent kiss on Cameron. He laughed out of nervousness and looked at Chloe apologetically.

Cameron went next and it landed on Chloe. Phew. They looked at each other for a second before leaning in and having a more affectionate kiss than Brookes. I looked away, blushing. Chloe spun, wiping her mouth, and it landed on me.

"Um, do we still have to do it?" I asked shyly. Wyatt sat back, nodding, ready to watch. My stomach turned in disgust as Chloe leaned over to me.

"Let's make this quick," she replied laughing. She closed her eyes tightly, pecking me on the cheek instead. It only lasted for half a second, but I was glad because this was getting weird.

It was my turn to spin. By this point, I was blushing until I had turned red. I tapped the screen lightly and situated myself where I was sitting. I looked at the screen and butterflies immediately rushed to my stomach. It had landed on Jake.

He looked at me and smiled like always, but this time it seemed different. He leaned in toward me however at the last second he turned to my cheek. I felt all the excitement flood out of me. He had just turned down kissing me. I became even more flushed, but this time because I was embarrassed. I thought that he was going to kiss me.

I cleared my throat as he spun the phone screen and landed on Brooke. He too planted a smooch on her cheek and sat back oddly looking okay with his progress. Brooke went and landed on Wyatt. Everything seemed to be going by in a blur. I just couldn't stop playing what happened between me and Jake in my head.

Wyatt and Brooke took several minutes to finish their turn. I sat there, staring at nothing in particular.

"We are gonna go," Brooke said, standing up and taking Wyatt's hand. They kissed each other again like they were magnetic. She giggled like a little girl and took her hair out of her ponytail as Wyatt ran ahead, pulling her by the hand. They slammed the door behind them, but I could still hear them giggling as they ran to what I assumed was her camper.

"Well," Chloe laughed and took Cameron's hand, "I need to show you something, Cameron. See you guys later." oh great. They were leaving too.

"Bye." I glared at her with my best 'come back here" look. She noticed, but smiled brightly and shrugged her shoulders, still walking out the door.

After they left, Jack and I stayed silent. He ran his hands down his pants repeatedly and let out a long breath.

"I'm sorry I didn't kiss you," he said suddenly. I looked over at him, startled by what he said. I didn't think he would say that.

"It's okay. I didn't really expect you to." I lied.

"Well, the real reason I didn't kiss you then is because I wanted to wait. That way it would be more special, without everyone crowding around us. That is if you would even want to kiss me." he said, looking at me with a small smile.

"Yeah..." I had no idea what to say, so without thinking I blurted, "I do want to kiss you."

He smiled and his eyes brightened. I felt like I had accomplished something great, getting a smile like that as an award, "good."

Then he leaned in. I almost choked I was so nervous. His perfectly soft lips fit against mine and I kissed him back. He became more rapid, kissing me harder with each second. My breath increased rapidly as I matched his rhythm. I leaned back, letting him towering over me. I didn't know kissing could ever be like this. It was powerful and stunning.

"Is it always like this?" I asked, pausing to take a breath.

"Never." he smiled and leaned in again. I smiled and kissed him until it was curfew and my lips were bruised with effort.