Chapter Eight

I woke up with the sun shining in my eyes. I smiled despite myself, remembering the night I had. I never experienced anything like that before and I had a feeling I never would again. It was a once in a lifetime thing.

I got out of bed in a hop and pulled on some new clothes. I touched up my hair and put on a little makeup, also making sure to brush my teeth extra thoroughly. Sliding the screen door open, I decided to go see if Brooke was awake yet. I was going to make sure to tell her about my special kiss with Jake, because I knew she would be interested.

I walked with a hop in my step and a smile on my face all the way there (which wasn't that long of a walk anyways). I knocked once but immediately let myself in.

"Knock knock." I said, assuming she would be up and ready to get the day started, "hello?"

I heard a mumble from the back of the camper and headed back there. Opening the door, I saw Brooke laying with her arm over Wyatt's chest.

"Oh gosh." I said, covering my eyes like a little girl and backing out of the door as quickly as possible. Pretty sure I would wait until they had some decent clothes on.

"Sorry!" Wyatt yelled and I could hear him getting up. Brooke sighed loudly, obviously annoyed that I had interrupted their little cuddling session.

"No, no I'm sorry. I didn't think you would be..." I didn't know what to assume from Brooke anymore. She walked out of the back room with jeans a plain shirt and her braids pulled up into a messy bun.

"Well I'm gonna go back to my camper and freshen up. See you ladies later." Wyatt waved, trying to escape the awkward situation, and gave Brooke one last kiss.

"What happened last night?" I asked the second he was out of listening distance.

Brooke sighed again while she grabbed some water from the fridge, "it was great. You wouldn't believe."

I nodded as she sat down on the couch by where I was standing. Knowing Brooke, by now she would be rambling on about Wyatt. She seemed to be keeping to herself a lot more lately.

"Tell me about it."

"Well it would be kind of awkward to explain." she furrowed her brows and looked at me while drinking her water. So I guess she wasn't going to tell me at all.

"Okay, that's fine. Wanna go up to meet the others?" I asked while I heard Wyatt come back through the screen door.

"Actually Wyatt and I are going out for breakfast. I will catch up with you later." she got up, taking his hand and shut the door behind her. I was alone with my thoughts. I was a little taken aback that she was pushing me to the side so easily for Wyatt. I tried not to get my mood down by giving her my attention. Just forget about it.

I decided to get up and walk to the park by myself. I was half way up the slope when I heard Chloe screaming and laughing. Smiling to myself and ready to join in the fun, I moved a little faster. They were sitting at the deck between the camp store and pool eating bags of popcorn and icecream. That's what breakfasts were like at the campground.

"Hey." Jake said, making everybody turn their attention to me. I greeted them and sat on the old lawn chair next to Chloe.

"So what are we going to do today?" I asked, taking some popcorn out of Jake's bag. He furrowed his eyebrows and pretended to pout while pulling the bag away from me. I laughed, throwing a piece at him, and threw another piece in my own mouth.

"I was thinking maybe we could go on a bike ride." Camerons mentioned. My heart beat a little faster at the request. Bike rides might just be my favorite thing to do the camper, "Jake and Chloe would love it." he nodded to me, remembering all those fun times we had together.

A Summer To Rememberजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें