Chapter Nine

After hearing the panic in Chloe and Cameron's voice, I knew something was seriously wrong. I had to help Chloe onto her bike because her legs were shaking so viciously.

They biked as fast as possible, and it was hard to keep up. The night was becoming gloomy and gray. It was 7:34 so we didn't have much time to see whatever they were leading us to before it got too dark to see.

It was about 5 minutes from the campground when they stopped. Cameron looked around trying to figure out which way to go. Chloe pointed to a grassed over area that did not look like a trail.

"Are you sure it's this way?" I asked apprehensively.

"Yeah, we wanted to go to the beach area down here so we went through the grass. Just come on." Cameron replied, leading the way through the grass.

With a few turns through the weeds, we had reached the beach area which was covered in rocks.

Chloe got off immediately, throwing her bike to the side offhandedly. Cameron followed while I set my bike against a tree. I had never been to this area before. It was surrounded by weeds and trees, which made it concealed and hidden from the public.

They ran over to a messy area of the beach a few meters away. Jake took my hand while running behind them. We caught up and my hand dropped urgently.

I could feel my face go white. Everything felt numb and my hands turned clammy. I cupped my hand over my mouth, horrified, and fell to the ground kneeling over it.

"Oh my god." I could hear Jake muster behind me. Chloe immediately burst into tears when seeing it and fell into Cameron's arms. Cameron was looking the other way, not able to see it one more time.

A girl, face down, was washed up on the rocks. Her skin was pale. Her hair was floating in the water giving the appearance of a mermaid. She looked ghostly with her eyes bloodshot and wide open. Appearing to look horrified as if she had seen something right before her death. I noticed a large bruise on her head.

Jake was searching through his pockets hastily for his phone, "we just found a body. She's dead..."

I got tunnel vision. Everything was dazed and all I could hear was Chloe's sobs.