#43 "Dad"

(Edited Ver. Uploaded At 19/08/25)

# 헤이즈 (Heize) - We Don't Talk Anymore (Feat. Giriboy) (Prod. SUGA)

"So. What should we have for dinner?" Mom asked, smiling widely in her red dress.

"I don't know. You invited him. You choose what to have for dinner." I said, rolling my eyes as I gloomily sat at the table. Mom had gotten off work early and gotten into all the trouble of dressing up. She even made Alex dress up as well. That meant that I wasn't the exception. My hair was twisted up and I was wearing this black dress that had been stuffed in the back of the closet for months since I bought it. This was ridiculous. They had already met Josh so why did we even have to do this?

"Now lose the attitude. We need time to formally meet and chat. Maybe I should cook some-" Mom started to speak when Alex interrupted her with a horrified look.

"No! Are you planning to kill us?" Alex shouted.

"What? My cooking is not that bad." Mom said, frowning.

"No offense, but you suck, mom. I remember once I had a friend over and he accidentally ate your cooking. He got food poisoning and didn't come to school for 3 whole days." I said, shaking my head.

Mom chuckled. "Oh god. I remember that kid. It was Wilson's kid, wasn't it? You guys used to hang out every day."

I shrugged. "I don't really remember much about him. I haven't seen him or heard about him in years. We were only kids then."

Mom giggled. "You guys were obsessed with each other! God, I miss Hailey Wilson. We used to be best friends you know."

I shook my head. "Mom. This is not the time to go down the memory lane. Food, remember?"

Mom snapped out of it as she frowned. "Oh. Right. Will Josh be disappointed if we feed him Pizza?"

I grimaced. "Mom. We ate Pizza too many times. I'm going to get diabetes."

Mom rolled her eyes. "Fine. I guess we'll have to dump some meat on the grill. Alex?"

"No! I almost got burnt alive by that thing. I'm not getting near it!" Alex said, shaking his head violently.

"No choice. Lissy will help you." Mom said, smiling. Alex groaned as he marched outside and glared at the grill.

"Please tell me you have a backup plan. Alex really did nearly burn the house down." I whispered.

"Don't worry. I already got some handmade burgers and salad in the fridge. I just want to make Alex use the grill." Mom said, chuckling.

I grinned as I went outside, helping the poor kid with the grill. Hopefully, we don't cause a fire hazard this time.

-

As soon as the doorbell rang, Mom half ran to the front door, pulling Josh inside the house.

"Welcome, Welcome! Nice to meet you, Josh." Mom said, smiling.

"You already met him, mom. No need to do this." I said squeezing Josh's hand comfortingly. Josh squeezed back.

"Nonsense. Oh, and the flowers! You shouldn't have! I'll go find the vase!" Mom said as she went to the kitchen.

I rolled my eyes as I took the Lilies from Josh. "You went into all this trouble?"

Josh smiled as he pecked my cheek. "Gotta get some points from your mom."