Chapter Seven

Watching Sam grab his bags from the living room and move them to the door slowly breaks me. I knew I was doing good after talking to Kels but watching him leave has never been so hard.

"My uber will be here soon." Sam states. All the roommates stand up to say bye and congrats for the new leg. When it's my turn to say bye all we do is stare at each other.

"You're gonna love that new leg." I whisper. He laughs and shakes his head.

"What?"

"Really Colby? Come here." Sam says opening his arms for me to hug him. I walk toward him and hug him tightly.

"I'm gonna be proud of you. I know it."

"I'm scared." I whisper. He pulls back and looks at me confusingly.

"Why?"

"What if you come back and don't like me anymore? What if we don't get back together?" I say looking down at the ground.

"Colby. I will always love you and will always want you no matter what, okay?" Sam says making me look at him.

"I want to be better."

"I want you to be better too." Sam says. Before anything else can happen between us we both hear a car horn outside the house.

"That's my uber." Sam says looking at me. I look back and glance to the ground.

I feel Sam lift my head up with his finger and he kisses me softly. I look at him in shock when he pulls away.

"I'll see you in a month." Sam says. He grabs his crutches as Corey grabs his bags and helps him carry them outside. I see Sam wave at me one last time before he shuts the car door and it drives off leaving me feeling empty.