Chapter Sixteen

I look at Sam shocked. He wasn't supposed to be home for another two in a half weeks.

"I - I ---- I don't know what to say." I say staring at Sam still. He walks closer to me and grabs my hand.

"Are you just gonna stare at me all day or are you going to hug me?" Sam asks with a smile. I slowly hug him and when I do I feel my eyes watering. I know he was only gone for a week and a half but that's ten days without talking.

"I missed you." I breath out. He pulls away and looks at me, smiling, "I missed you too." Sam says.

"I - I thought you wouldn't be here for another ----."

"I know. I know." He says cutting me off, "but I wanted to come home. My therapy went faster than I thought it would." Sam says. I look around the roommates and they all leave getting the hint.

"Sam....I'm sorry. I'm sorry that I caused issues and -----."

"Colby, wait, -----."

"No. No. I need to say this. I'm sorry that I never told you anything and never told you how I felt. I'm sorry that it had to be the way it had to be but, I'm better now. More than better and now that you're home I couldn't be more happier.

I still love you Sam and I understand if you want to still be on a break for a little longer." I finally tell him. He looks up at me and puts his hand on my cheek.

"I love you Colby and I never stopped." Sam says rubbing him thumb on my cheek. He slowly leans in and I do the same. The kiss wasn't rushed or rough but it was slow and passionate. Once we pull away I look at him.

"I'm no longer shattered." I whisper.

"Me either." Sam says smiling, "me either."