Chapter Ten

Walking up to the beach I spot Brennen sitting on the sand near the water like he's in some day dream.

"Brennen!" I yell once I get close enough to him. He turns around and smiles when he sees me.

"Colby! Bro you came." Brennen says as he tries to stand up but fails. I sigh as I walk closer to him. Brennen was a dumb annoying loud drunk. He couldn't keep himself....what's the word? Stable I guess. At least he's not a emotional drunk like Sam.

"Brennen I'm taking you home." I tell him as I grab his arm and making him stand up. He starts yanking his arm away.

"Let's swim. I don't want to leave."

"If you swim you'll drown you idiot." I say grabbing his arm once again and walking him off the beach. Once I get to my car I put him in the passenger seat.

"I like when you drive. It shows the side where you take control." Brennen says whole laughing. I roll my eyes and get in my car driving off to Brennens house.

Arriving at his small apartment I put him on the couch. He looks up at me and stars.

"What?" I ask getting really tired of his flirting. Another thing he does when he's drunk. It's also very annoying.

"Stay." Brennen says quietly.

"Bren....just sleep. You'll be fine tomorrow."

"No. Colby. Please stay. Please." He says looking at his hands. I look at him with a stupid look on my face. Hoping he's just kidding.

"I don't want to be alone. Kara..she.." Brennen says before he starts sniffing.

"Okay. Okay. I'll stay. Just forget about her okay? Let me go get blankets and stuff." I say running my hand over my face. I walk to the closet and grab extra blankets and pillows for myself since Brennen already had stuff on the couch.

"Get some sleep dude. We'll talk tomorrow." I whisper before turning off the lights. I start thinking about Sam again. I start to smile knowing that I'm better. I don't get angry easy anymore. I know how to take care of myself and friends and Sam we'll be back in three weeks.

"Colby?" I head softly interrupting my thoughts.

"Yeah?" I ask since I'm tired from today.

"Can you turn on the lights?"

"Brennen. You need to sleep. Please just sleep."

"Colby. Please. I will soon."

"Fine. Yeah. I'll turn them on. But your going to sleep after." I say standing up and turning on the light. I stand against the wall and stare at Brennen.

"When did you get so whiny?" I joke around.

"I can't hold it anymore." He says sitting up. He stands up and looks at me.

"You're with Sam. I know but....I've gained feelings for you." He says softly.

"Brennen.... I.... We can't do this. You know that. I'm with Sam." I say looking at him with worry in my eyes.

"I just need to know..If I really do."

"What do you mean?" I ask. Backing more into the wall. Brennen walks closer until we are basically touching chest.

"Brennen....walk away. Stop."

"I can't."

"Brennen! Stop!" I scream. He looks at me and puts his hand on my wrist.

"I'm sorry." He says before he smashes his lips to mine. I push him off and look him dead in the eye.

"Stop. You can't do this." I say angrily.

"I can't." Brennen says again before pinning me to the wall, "I'm sorry."

______________________________________

Brennen you ass😂

Tell me what you thought! If I get 5 votes and 2 comments (or more) the next chapter will be later today.

If not the next chapter will be tomorrow!