Chapter 6: The fair

"My Lord, we've discovered that Semis has been gathering up a small army of rogue demons." I groaned at the information. Of course he'd still be trying to overthrow me, it wasn't like he had anything better to do.

"Do you know where he is now?" I questioned.

"Same town, he seems to have a house there, sir." The demon replied.

"Of course, send down jean and Lew down to keep an eye on him. I want to know where and what he is doing at all times."  I stood from my spot on my throne. 

"Going to see your boyfriend?" Lila asked, a smirk plastered on her face.

"Are you going to see Ash?" I asked, taking in her lacy black and red dress.

"Maybe I am, maybe I'm not, who knows?" She laughed.

"I don't know how Ash puts up with you." I laughed, rolling my eyes.

"Same way you do, I suppose."

"Kitty!" Cade practically jumped into my arms. "The carnival has already started! I want to ride on the Ferris wheel."

"I know, let's get going then. Your mom said you could spend the night with me."

"Let's go!" Cade took off in front of me and was already in the car and buckled up by the time I opened my door.

"Do you think they'll have cotton candy? I hope they do. Last time my mom took me I ate three of them and then threw up on the ride that drops you to the ground." He rambled as I drove down the highway.

He always had so much energy it was almost impossible to keep up with him. You would think he never stopped talking, which he really didn't. I had barely put the car in park before Cade was out and hopping up and down in anticipation.

"Hurry, Kitty, the line is getting longer."

"I'm coming, and the line is not getting longer. We have six hours before it even closes." I chuckled as he attempted to drag me toward the line.

"Six hours isn't enough. We have to ride all of the rides as least four times." Cade groaned as I purposefully made it difficult for him to move me.

"Oh no, my feet... they won't move- they're stuck to the ground." I groaned dramatically. "I guess we won't make it to the line before they close."

"Kitty." Cade whined as he tried to pull me harder but ended up failing, "you're mean."

"You have no idea." I laughed, finally moving my feet.

"Finally." Cade sighed happily as we stepped up to the stamp booth inside the fair grounds. "Old people should not be allowed to buy their own tickets."

"What do you want to ride first?" I questioned. I'd never personally been to a fair before.

"That one! That one!" I followed his finger to a ride that was spinning at a fast speed, the sign above it lit up with bright green and blue lights that said 'Scrambler'.

"Lets go then." I said.

"That was fun. I feel like the world is spinning but I'm not." Cade giggled as he stumbled down the steps leading from the ride.

"You look like you've had one too many." I chuckled as he walked right into me.

"Let's ride something else!" Cade cheered and grabbed onto my arm to steady himself.

"Okay, okay, what next?"

"Um, the Farris wheel." His eyes flowed with excitement.

It seemed a little slow to me, but if that was what Cade wanted then so be it.

We made our way through the crowd of  humans who were way too excited about spinning machines that could kill them.

"I want to take a picture when we get to the top!" Cade cheered as the cart screeched to a start.

The ride did it's thing, going in circles until we reached the top and it screeched to a halt and we were given a view of the brightly lit fair that was below us.

The moment it stopped Cade yanked out his phone and pulled me toward him and held it out in front of us. Not a moment after there was a loud bang and then the fair below us erupted into chaos. 

"Kitty, what's happening?" Cade asked from beside me.

I looked below us and spotted Semis and a couple of low level demons recking the rides and destroying the stands. The Farris wheel started up again and the guy working at the bottom rushed us off.

"The area is unsafe, we are evacuating it." The man pushed us toward the exits.

"Lucy, going somewhere?" Semis' annoying voice called out through the chaos.

••

I DID IT! I finished it finally! I still have no motivation though.