Chapter 10: It's a Date

"Kitty!"

"You're still calling me that?" I asked as Cade stepped outside of his house.

"Yes, it's too late to stop. It's hardwired into my brain now and it fits you." The kid grinned up at me.

"It definitely doesn't fit me." I sighed," I'm the king of hell, Lion wouldn't even fit me."

"Kitty does fit you! Mom, I'm leaving!" I watched Cade disappear into his house for moment and reappear with his little sister.

She gave me a shy wave before running back into the house. Her ponytails bouncing as she ran.

"Can we go get ice cream from that shop down town?" Cade was bouncing on his heels as we walked to my car.

"Mmm..." I placed my hand under my chin, pretending to think.

"Please, please, please!" He begged very dramatically.

I watched in amusement as the boy dropped to his knees.

"Pleeeeeeeaaaaaase, I'll do anything!" Cade looked up with pleading eyes.

"You'll stop calling me kitty?" I raised an eyebrow.

"What? No." He huffed, "Anything but that."

"Ah, then you'll go on a date with me... let's say Saturday?" I couldn't help the smirk that was plastered onto my face, "fantastic, I'm thinking something fancy and dramatic. You like sushi, right?"

"A-a date?" Cade stumbled on his words. I watched him push strands of hair away from his face.

"Oh yes, a date is when two people go out and do something romantic together." It was so fun to tease him, and in the end either way I won something.

"I know that but-" He started but I cut him off.

"So a date or you'll stop calling me kitty."

A cute little angry frown made its way on to Cade's face and he crossed his arms over his chest as he glared at me.

"Fine, a date it is!" He declared and pulled open my car door. He flopped down onto the seat and pulled the door shut.

I grinned at him as I walked to my side and laughed when he stuck his tongue out at me.

"Very mature of you."

"I don't have to be mature, human concepts have no power over me." Cade declared before sticking his tongue out at me yet again.

"Are you sure about that?" I asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Mhm." He answered with a firm nod of the head.

I only laughed before pulling out of his driveway. Saturday couldn't come fast enough.

•••
Yee yee, Im still writing this... somehow. I think they'll both just love the uninvited guest they meet. XD