Chapter 15: The Beginning of the End

I swear, I was supposed to be hunting him but it seemed it was the other way around. I had been so caught up with Cade I had pretty much forgotten about Semis. 

"Ew, gross. He's got his nasty feet all over my car." I groaned and then rolled my window down to yell, "Hey, dickhead, get your ugly boots off my car!"

"Ugly? Bitch, these are designer." Semis yelled back, very offended.

"Designer? You paid for those?" I laughed. Orange and pink... oh honey.

His style was as bad as his personality... and his personality made even the most optimistic people cry.

"Kitty, what's going on?" Cade asked from the passenger seat.

He had his hands clasped together. I could tell he was pretty scared. I needed to get him out of here.

"It's just Semis The Dickhead being- well, a dickhead." I tried to reassure him but he didn't look very reassured.

"Last time he dropped me from eighty feet in the air." Cade whispered wearily.

"Yeah, I remember." I growled at the memory.

I had to get Cade out of here to keep him from having to witness any more death or Demis Semis' ugly face.

"Yeah, unlike you I know what the word fashion means." Semis countered.

"Did you look it up in google? You should never trust the internet." I shook my head dramatically before I slammed on the gas.

Semis flew forward against the windshield and Cade screamed.

If Cade had not of been terrified I would have laughed.  Semis wouldn't be hurt that easily. In fact, I was surprised he even fell for that in the first place.

"Serves you right for messing with me and my bae." I yelled out of the window as I stepped on the gas.

I swerved through the police who yelled at me but didn't try to stop me.

Cade was too shell shocked to say anything about my illegal activities so I continued to drive at an ungodly speed in hopes to avoid the most annoying demon to ever exist.

I knew he would catch up but I was hoping to have enough time to drop Cade off with Lila to keep him safe.

I picked up my phone and dialed her number.

"What do you want, LuciDick?" She answered ever so nicely.

"Well, I was wondering if I could borrow some of your attitude, but it seems like you don't have any to spare." I rolled my eyes.

"Awe, poor Luci, what did you really call for?" I could hear the sarcastic smirk that was most likely plastered on her face.

"I need you to watch Cade. I don't want Semis' nasty to contaminate him."

"Semis? The demon you were supposed to be hunting down? The one you haven't bothered with because of a human boy? Yeah, better do something about that." Lila replied, oh, so helpfully.

"Great, get-" I was cut off by Cade screaming.

I looked through the mirror to the back seat where Lila was now sitting, "Way to go you've scared him. That's not a good first impression you know?"

"Whatever." She replied while placing her feet on the back of my seat.

She pulled a lollipop out of the air and popped it into her mouth.

"Woah! How did you do that? Can I have one?" Cade asked, his eyes wide with amazement.

"Hell yeah, you can have one. What flavor?" She already had her palm open.

"Blueberry, please!" He grinned. The fear of her leaving as fast as it had came.

Lila pulled a blue one from the air and tossed it to him.

"Great, now we're all happy. Please take him somewhere- and do not corrode him AND he better be in one piece when I come back." I warned my friend.

"Yeah, yeah, no drugs, no murder, one piece, blah blah blah." Lila rolled her eyes before placing her hand on Cade's shoulder.

"Murder?" Cade looked between us. His lollipop frozen halfway to his mouth.

"Lila, I'm serious-" She grinned before vanishing.

I let out a frustrated groan. Maybe I should have thought that through or just gotten someone else. Nevertheless I continued to drive.

I had to find somewhere remote to keep the memory wiping of human minds to a minimum.

I kept up the speed as I took lefts and rights trying to find some field of some sort. I had seen one around here a while ago when I came to torture some soul who had been particularly annoying.

After a few more turns and a lot of almost but not quite taking new souls I found the spot I had been looking for.

I slammed on the breaks before jumping out of the car. I turned in a full circle taking in the huge open field. It had once been an apartment complex with a park and everything but it was nothing but flat land now besides the old jungle gym and scattered bricks that had been over taken by weeds.

This would be where I fought Semis.

This was were his chaos would finally end.

•••

Next chapter out! Did you miss me? Ahh, I'm just kidding. Anyways this book that has haunted me for the past four years is finally coming to an end. The next chapter will finally have some action so be looking forward to that, until next time!