Chapter 8: So That Happened

"You're Lucifer?" Cade asked, backing away from me.

"Yes?" I forced a grin, but it didn't help the situation any.

"And- and the other guy was... he was a demon?" He looked at me in fear.

"He's a pain in my ass" I growled at the thought of the stupid demon and Cade flinched.

"How- how can you be Satan? Don't you have to be in hell or something?" He asked, making sure to keep his distance from me.

"I have to be in hell and here." I answered as I lowered myself to the ground, "Can't have regular demons doing all my work."

"Are you going to hurt me?" I hadn't realized he'd sat down too.

"If I wanted to hurt you I would have already done it," I laughed, "I may not have had the best intentions in the beginning but you just so happened to grow on me."

I watched him eye me for a few moments. It looked like he was trying to decide something important. His eyes never met mine as he looked me over.

"What do you mean 'best intentions'?" He squinted at me.

"I'm Satan, what did you expect?" I shrugged. What was I supposed to tell him? The truth? Yeah, no.

"I expected you to not be Satan." He huffed, his shoulders relaxed ever so slightly, "So if your not gonna hurt me then what do you want from me?"

"I want your love and affection obviously." I chuckled but he only answered with an 'oh'.

After that the conversation kinda died. I didn't know what to do and Cade was staring off into space.

"You're not very good at being Satan." Cade said after a while.

"And how would you know?" I raised an eyebrow, "Have you ever been had to rule hell before?"

"Good point. " He giggled and then asked, "Is it hot down there?"

"Very, unless I don't want it to be." I shrugged. My house was actually a little cold at times.

"That sounds scary." He frowned at me. He had crossed his legs and was leaning on them, his head rested on the palms of his hands.

"I guess." I shrugged. I hadn't really ever thought about it.

"Does that mean I can't call you kitty anymore?" Cade asked after a couple moments of silence.

"You can can call me whatever you want." I laughed. Of course that would be his main concern, "But I would prefer you call me yours."

I watched his face turn red and then winked at him.

"Kitty!!" He yelled, covering his face with his hands but I just laughed.

Huh, so that happened.

•••
Wew, writing this story is like being constipated, it takes forever to come out and when it finally does all it is is crap XD. Anyways here's another chapter.