Chapter 13: The Big Question

"You really got me two packs of skittles? Wow, this is the best day of my life! You're absolutely the best person in the whole entire universe! Thank you, thank you, thank you!" Cade shouted excitedly.

We were currently headed into the theater's room six to watch some cheesy animated movie that I had no interest in. I only agreed to it because of the excitement on Cade's face when he saw it was showing.

Cade headed straight for the back as soon as we entered the theater. He was practically vibrating with excitement

The parents and their kids around us seemed to worry at his eagerness as we passed by.

"If you don't contain yourself you just might explode." I muttered to him as we sat in down.

The grin on his face was so wide even I was a little worried for his health.

"I'll try but no promises! I'm so exited, I've waited eight months to see this!" He whispered frantically, like he needed to spill the information immediately.

"Alright, I got it. Just... don't die. God won't be able to handle you." I laughed quietly as the movie began.

He actually seemed to glow as the movie went on and I found myself watching him instead of the screen.

He was amazing to say the least. His eyes wide, the lights from the screen dancing around in them. The way he was leaned forward, his hands on the back of the seat in front of him. Even his messy hair made it hard to look away.

"What is it Kitty? You're missing the movie." He looked at me questionably. 

It took me a whole fifteen seconds to realize he was speaking to me.

"Huh? Oh, I was just admiring how cute you are. I'd much rather watch you. You're like a work of art." I answered him as I leaned back against my chair.

The blush on his face was as bright as a hell.

I found myself smirking.

"Kitty! You can't say that!" Cade huffed, exasperated.

"Oh, and why can't I?" I raised an eyebrow.

He was adorable when he was embarrassed.

"Becaaause!" He wined, "I don't know how to handle your compliments."

"Well, you could start by saying 'thank you' and end with something like 'You're also very attractive Lucifer! I never want to look away!'" I grinned at him as the movie ended.

"Wha- I would never say that!" Cade's eyes widened as he sat forward.

"Oh, so you think I'm ugly?" I questioned him.

"No! I just wouldn't say that- Wait! The movie ended and I didn't see it!" His attention suddenly turned to the screen. The credits were already rolling and people were heading to the doors.

"It's okay, you can always watch the bootleg version." I shrugged as we stood and I grabbed Cade's trash along with mine.

"That's illegal, Kitty!" I laughed at his startled expression as we headed out of the theater room and then out of the theater itself.

"Right, you must not do bad things." I smirked.

"Yeah, and you shouldn't either." Cade nodded at me with a stern expression.

"You do realize who you're talking to, right?" I tilted my head to the side slightly, "My job is to do bad things."

I watched Cade's lip form a pout, "But I like it when you do nice things. It makes me like you."

I could have sworn my heart stopped fully.

It made him like me?

"So you like me?" I questioned him, hope swelling in my chest.

"Kitty," Cade stopped just before we made it to my car, "I would not be here with you if I didn't like you. So, yes, I like you."

"But not when I do bad things?" I asked as I opened the door for him.

"Well, I still like you it just makes me sad." He answered with a small frown.

My heart sank for a moment before it lifted.

Then I would have to be good. If I was good then Cade would continue to be happy, which is all I have wanted since I met him. I just wanted to make him happy.

"Then it seems I will be as good as I can." I smiled at him and he smiled back, "And if I do, does that mean you'll date me then?" 

I watched Cade as he stayed silent and for the first time in my very long life I was a little scared.

•••

We are getting to the end now! I know, you didn't think I was going to finish this story but by some miracle I am still at it.

 Also, a little story fact; Cade is actually adopted but his sister isn't. It isn't important to the story and it's not mentioned but it was something I had set from the begging when I actually had everything planned out.