Chapter Four - The Howe

It was almost midnight and we had crossed another wood before we reached a field.

"Reep you've out done yourself"

"thank you your highness."

"I suggest we find rooms and then tomorrow we'll set up making weapons and armour as well as how to get even more weapons" Caspian offered they all agreed and we made our way to the how. as we walked in the torches were set alight.

All of us found somewhere to settle for the night and most if not all fell asleep.

Waking up in the morning i felt refreshed and ready to start when I walked out many Narnian's were already up.

"Your Highness" i turned to the Centaur that was with Glenstorm

"I am Windmane your highness I thought you would like these" she handed me some clothes

"Thank you. I will go change" which I did into a long dark blue dress with long sleeves it was very different from what I normally wore in Telmar. When I came back out Windmane was waiting.

"There is a meeting about to begin" I nodded and followed her. To a room with a table in it (not the stone table the other room where they talk)

"Katerina. Did you sleep well" Caspian asked

"Very much so. So what are we going to do about getting weapons. We only have so much material." I placed my hands down.

"Well we were talking before you arrived and if Miraz wants us he will be creating a army. Which means he will have to cross the ford at Beruna" Caspian told me.

"So we're going to steal...I like it" I could hear my brother roll his eyes "When will we do it? Tonight perhaps?" I offered

"Tonight seems logical" Caspian nodded we looked to Glenstorm.

"If it is what you wish then it is my command. My liege"

"Okay if it's alright with everyone i would like to see what skills they have. Were going up against experience soldiers. We should know we've been trained by them. I'll just watch nothing more...is that okay?" I asked

"yes your highness follow me." Glenstorm led me out to the fields and i spent some the day watching them fighting and shooting arrows. Now I myself was more experienced in sword play but I had learned crossbow, bow and arrow as well as hand to hand combat.

"Erm I know I said I was just going to watch but i have come up with a idea. Would any of you be interested in learning hand to hand combat?" they murmured to each other.

"It's okay if you don't I just don't want you to be defenceless if one of the soldiers somehow manages to disarm you"

"Would you be able to teach us?" a faun asked

"Yes I'm very good at it....so are you interested" the agreed

"Okay into partners I will need someone to be mine"

"I will" my brother called I smirked

"Are you sure Caspian? The last time we fought I won"

"Do you want a partner or not?" I shrugged .

"Okay first thing you need to know and I bet most of you have already figured it out is We Telmarines fight dirty. We will lie and cheat to get what we want but fortunately for you. We are not like that well on a day to day basis. First step always be aware" I dropped to the ground and kicked my legs at Caspian making him fall to the ground. They laughed I stood back up.

"Now pretend you've somehow been disarmed  what is the first thing you want to do?" i asked

"Get out weapon" one of the said

"That's right but Telmarine soldiers are designed not to give up until their target is destroyed. Which means you have to either bring out another weapon or use what nature gave you. Now stand a few feet apart..." I began to teach them offensive moves then defensive moves before all house moves that will get their opponents on their back.

"I think we should leave it there after all we are raiding their camp tonight."

"Thank you your highness" the faun from earlier said

"You are most welcome. How about tomorrow I show you Telmarine sword tricks" the agreed.

That night we snuck into the camp where they were building a bridge. Reepicheep and his mice took one soldier, A minatour took another, Glenstorm took General Glozelle while me and Caspian took another. Once they were down I helped with putting swords with Glenstorm. We took enough for two regiments.

"Let's go" I whispered as we left I was practically jumping with excitement. My brother thought there was something wrong with me ever since we were young. Instead of wanting to learn how to dance and become a wife that would help the Kingdom I wanted to got out riding and have sword fights with Caspian. They finally gave in after a incident and we'll leave it at that.