Chapter Eleven - The Confession

-Peter-

"I was wondering if i could speak with Katerina alone" I asked, Caspian looked up to his sister who nodded. He got up and left bumping past me i walked in.

"I'm going to talk to Caspian alone later but i wanted you to be the first one i apologise too."

"okay" i went closer

"I'm sorry i didn't make a first good impression, attempting to kill your brother wasn't the best way to introduce myself. I'm also sorry for taking over, insulting you not only as a girl but as a fighter, not listening to you, leading you and the Narnian's into a raid, saying Narnia would be better off without you, almost getting you killed. I'm so sorry for all of that" i rambled and she just sat there and listened

"I wish i could have made a good first impression cause as my little sister just kindly pointed out. I like you. I know that's not saying much after the way I've acted, not just to you but your brother too. Yet its true and i have from the first moment i saw you. And the fact you drive me absolutely crazy but challenge me and you're not afraid to call me out makes me want you even more. I know it's not possible for you to return those feelings but i wanted you to know." i finished and she said nothing as if she was contemplating.

Finally she stood up and came round to the side i was standing on and face me.

"Hello your majesty I am Princess Katerina of Telmar" she curtsied before holding out her hand. I wondered what she was doing for a moment till i realised she was giving me a second chance.

"Pleasure to meet you your Highness i am High King Peter of Narnia" I bowed taking her hand and kissing it like a proper introduction.

"Sorry to interrupt but you better both come see this" Edmund stood at the door with a not so hidden smile. Katerina and I looked at each other before following.

-Katerina-

I smiled as The High Proud King of Narnia rambled about he was sorry and that he like me. I would have felt bad if i didn't give him a chance to redeem himself. We came out onto the ledge that over looked the field. Regiments  marched across the field announcing themselves. before the Calvary finally the lords and the Miraz who was dressed in gold armour. King Armour.

"We need a meeting now" Peter stated

"so much for sorry for taking over" i smirked he looked at me.

"I am but..." I shook my head.

"As long as you don't do anything stupid. It's a clean slate" I left and looped arms with my brother

"What did he want to talk to you about." i smirked

"I think i may have an admirer" He looked back from where we came

"Peter?" i nodded

"Yep he just apologised for everything and admitted he liked me and had feelings for me"

"Sister even when you're not trying you always attract men"

"What can I say it's a gift"

-------

"Cakes and Kettledrums that's your next big plan. Sending a little girl into the darkest parts of the forest alone" i sat with Caspian and Professor Cornelius on the steps of the meeting chamber.

"It's our only hope" Peter stated

"And she won't be alone" Susan added

"Haven't enough of us died already?" he asked her.

"Nikabrik was my friend too but he lost hope. Queen Lucy hasn't and neither have i" Truffle hunter said Reep came forward holding his hand

"for Aslan" he replied

"for Aslan" a bear stood up.

"fine but I'm going with you" Trumpkin told her.

"no they need you here" she put her hand on his shoulder

"we have to hold them off till Lucy, Susan get back"

"if i may" Caspian said he paused before standing up

"Miraz maybe and tyrant and a murderer. but as King he is subject to the traditions and expectations of his people. there is one in particular that may buy us some time." he told us

"which is?" Peter asked i stood up following his line of thought

"One on One combat  " i told them "if you challenge him he can't refuse or people will see their new King as week. It will be like backing him to a corner"

"Okay" he agreed

"Ed take Glenstorm and  one of the giants with you after i finish writing up the challenge." Once he did the three of them left.

"We need a backup plan because i suspect and at one point it was pointed out to me that Telmarines played dirty." he looked up at me.

"I suggest..." he began to walk us through his plan