Chapter Six - The Stone Table

We arrived at the tree line of the how and Glenstorm explained that only the mice knew of it's existence. When we arrived at the entrance centaurs lined the sides and held up their swords in a arch form of salute. The Kings and Queen went first as Caspian looped mine arm with his and we followed in second. Once we entered I went so tee how they were doing with the weapons.

"Your highness" a dwarf bowed and handed me a blade I swung it around my wrist

"Very good work" I smiled at him.

"Thank you your highness."

"Peter you might want to see this" Queen Susan called and the King nodded I followed Caspian and they went to the hall with the drawings.

"It's us" she stated

"What is this place" Queen Lucy asked  us

"You don't know?" we wondered they obviously didn't so Caspian took a torch and lead the way. When we reached our destination Caspian went to the side and dipped his torch causing whatever to ignite and flow round lighting up carvings of fauns and centaurs. The one right in the middle was of Aslan himself.

The young Queen delicately touched the rim of the table and turned to face her family.

"He must know what he's doing" she told them. The eldest King Peter said nothing without looking at the carving of Aslan.

"I think it's up to us now" he replied then took one final look before coming over to us.

"Your brother has told me you already set up training." he looked at me

"Yes your majesty"

"Please call me Peter." he smiled but I did not return it. I turned to my brother.

"If you need me I will be outside sword fighting" I told him, he nodded and kissed my cheek. I took one last look before walking over to Queen Susan.

"If you would like I can show you where they are practicing archery, your majesty" she smiled at me

"Call me Susan" i nodded and she followed me out.

"So why are you being so cold to my brother." she asked as we walked up.

"You would be the same if Caspian almost killed him with a rock. I'm grateful to Queen Lucy for stopping him though. I love my brother dearly."

"Ah"

"I will warn you the archers are not bad just very rusty, it is clear they haven't used it in some time" we arrived at the main entrance.

"Sword practice in 5 minutes also if you want help with Archery Queen Susan is here to help" I called

"So what have you been teaching them" she wondered

"We only arrived the night before but yesterday I taught them so basic hand combat movements if they were to lose their weapon. Actually that was quite fun I used my brother as a example" she laughed. I went outside and saw most were gathering and waiting for me.

"You're not at all what I expected" she told me

"How so"

"You're not a pampered little princess. The one's I've met would scream the first sight of getting their hands dirty" I laughed

"True, that's always case with me. Before Mine and Caspian's father died I used to go and watch the fights infact I demanded to watch them. Mother disapproved of course but she found it amusing. They both used to call me the little General. When my father inspected them he took me with him because usually Caspian was having Prince lessons and I had frightened my nurse of with pretending I was a soldier. I remembered he watch them fight and I only being four but very aware of how things were done kept shouting what they were missing." she laughed and I smiled fondly

"I better get going...Susan" she nodded and went to the archers while I went to the soldiers.

"Okay..." i taught them the sneaky skills which Telmarines will use to full advantage and how to prepare and block them.

"Might I join you" A familiar voice interrupted

"Of course your majesty"

"What are you teaching." I rolled my eyes.

"Telmarine tricks  and how to recognise avoid or defend"  I replied

"Oh I know quite a bit about that" I rested my hands on my sword which was in the ground.

"you do, do you. How fascinating."

"I could help you if you like" my jaw literally dropped.

"excuse me"

"Well with teaching them"

"Um hum, Your Majesty you've been gone for 1300 years and in that time we've grown and developed a way of style. So pray tell how you would know of this when you've just returned." this irritated him and i smirked

"I'm a fast learner" he gritted out.

"Let's see shall we. Who is up for a little demonstration of the old ways and new ways " They cheered two royals going at it must be amusing. I took my sword out of the ground.

"Don't worry I'll go easy on you" he said I smirked

"Shame cause I won't" I attacked him and he defended I was determined to make a example out of anyone who insulted me or my brother. My back was against his chest and his hands found my waist so using my elbow I hit him on the nose stomped his foot swung round and kicked him in the stomach. He fell to the ground holding his nose. I took this time to kick his sword away and held my blade to his throat. He looked up with a sense of shock.

"Like I said we've developed a sense of style." I breathed I turned back to the others.

"Why don't one of you escort the High King to the infirmary and another inform Queen Lucy her brother needs her cordial" two of them rushed to the King's side.

"I think that's enough for today don't you think? Dismissed" they filed away.

"You are ruthless little sister" Caspian commented

"I can't help it if I have a bad temper" I shrugged

"Do you feel better now that you expressed your anger on the High King?"

"Much" he shook his head

"What he insulted your sword skills implying that you're rubbish only you don't you're as good as me...for a Prince. He almost killed you with a rock. And he insulted my intelligence and implied that he knew the trick we learnt. You honestly expect me not to do anything." I folded my arms.

"It still amazes me that even though you are a Princess you still have a problem with authority...little general."

"That's not entirely true I don't have a problem with Queen Susan, Lucy or King Edmund."