Chapter Ten - The Aftermath

The next morning we arrived back at the how and I hadn't spoken a word to anyone since. I looked at Windmane and felt a rush of guilt. I had thought in the time we had known each to her Suncloud and I had become friends.

"What Happened?"

"Ask them" I ignored him

"Us. You could have called it off there was still time Katerina told you that if the alarms were rung what would happen"

"No there wasn't thanks to you" I turned round.

"I told you three minutes for the archers two minutes or less but you said and i quote 'I can still do this'"

"If you'd stick to the plan those soldiers might still be alive right now"

"And if you stayed here in the first place then they defiantly would be." i pushed him away from my brother.

"We got told our father was murderer and you expect us not to react. Yes we should have been at that gate but things changed. We could have left but you wanted to be the hero."

"You called us remember" he snapped

"Our first mistake"

"no your first mistake was thinking you could lead these people."

"Hey!" Caspian yelled "I'm not the one who abandoned Narnia"

"You invaded Narnia you have no more right than Miraz does. You him, her, your father Narnia's better off without ya" Caspian drew his sword so did Peter. I shook my head and went in I vaguely heard Edmund yelling at them to stop it.

In the how i headed for my room but i was knocked on the back of my head

(Nikabrik and Caspian is all the same except this part)

-3rd Person-

Caspian agreed to Nikabriks plan and the wolf drew the circle while the hag chanted the spell Nikabrik said.

"Bring out the Daughter of Eve Sacrifice" The wolf did as he was told and brought out a unconscious Katerina and laid her on the front step.

"No you never said it involved my sister" Caspian tried to leave but the wolf pulled him back. The hag called the last parts before stabbing the White witches wand into the second step. Ice grew and covered the Princess and the archway. The white witch's spirit appeared

"One drop of Adam's blood and the sacrifice of a daughter of Eve and you free me then I'm yours my king" she smiled. The wolf pulled one of Caspian's hands out and the Hag cut his palm. Caspian looked into the witches eyes and was enchanted he no longer struggled. And the thought of losing his sister was lost.

"No!" Peter screamed running in with Edmund and Trumpkin they both fought the follows Peter killed the hag first and saw the side of the Princess he held it up ready to attack but the eyes of enchantment were like the eyes of Medusa. too hard to resist. By this time Lucy had arrived and the witch was getting restless.

"Peter dear...just one drop" he began to lowered his sword.

"Come on" she muttered but before Peter could do anything a sword came through the witches stomach causing the ice to crack. Finally when Caspian was up it shattered. The welder of the sword was none other than Edmund himself.

"I know you had it sorted" Edmund glared and walked off he didn't even know under the shattered Ice was the princess. Caspian had caught the eye of a angered Susan and as she left there was a gasp.

"Katerina" Caspian rushed to his sisters side

-Katerina-

I bolted up and clutched my head as i heard my brother.

"I am so sorry sister, he tricked me and used Miraz against me then when I saw you I tried to leave but they trapped me and she enchanted me. You know I would never hurt you I swear I never would." Caspian rambled

"What the hell are you even talking about. Ugh my head hurts, what happened I was walking to my room and then nothing"

"you mean" Y looked at Caspian

"Caspian why are you all blurry" I shook my head.

"We need to get her to the infirmary" was that Peter's voice

"Peter gosh why is my vision so blurry?" I was lifted up and carried away

"I'll get Lucy" i was laid on a bed still clutching my head

"Katerina lay down" Caspian ordered, so i did i tried blinking my eyes but it was as if i had been crying and my vision wasn't right

"Lucy heal her" Peter said not a minute later I swallowed a drop and my vision was restored and my head healed. All i had was a head ache.

"Thank you...Lucy" she smiled at me

"It's okay" I looked at Peter who still had a worried look on his face. Why was he worried. he didn't care about me apparently i was no good like Miraz.

"I'll leave you Too it"

---Peter---

I sat on the steps of the stone table looking at Aslan. I had nearly every emotion. Sorrow for the Narnian's we lost, Guilt for the things i said and did, worry, fright for Katerina and disappointment in myself. Caspian and Katerina were right i should have left the first sign of trouble better yet we shouldn't have gone in the first place. Lucy came and sat next to me.

"You're lucky you know."

"What do you mean" she asked me

"To have seen him. I wish he had just given me some sort of proof." i sighed

"Maybe we're the ones who need to proved ourselves to him."

"Maybe you're right" We were silent for a moment before she broke it.

"You need to speak to her" i looked at her in confusion

"Katerina, Susan told me what happened. What you said was mean, it sounded like she idolized her father. Caspian also needs and apology. But i think not only should you apologise but confess how you really feel."

"i don't know what you are talking about" i denied

"I'm 12 not blind. I can see you like her just like Caspian with Susan. She may not forgive you for what you said but at least you can build some sort of positive relationship"

"She hates me Lu. I don't want to admit anything because i know she would never feel the same. I took over her army, insulted her, nearly killed her brother, killed her friends and basically said Narnia would be better off without her. why would she feel anything for me after that" i finally admitted to her and myself that i had feelings for the Telmarine princess.

"Love and Hate can be similar emotions. Just try Peter you never know what might happen." she got up and left. I decided to take her advice and walk to Katarina's room. She was with Caspian and they were messing with each others fingers. i cleared my throat, both of them looked up.

"I was wondering if i could speak to Katerina alone"