Chapter Fifteen - The Epilouge

Katharine and Peter are both 18 and it three earth years since Prince Caspian this is before Lucy and Edmund leave for Narnia with Eustace 

Epilogue

-Katharine-

I laughed as my boyfriend of two years chase me through Professor Kirke's grounds. He lifter me up and I screamed in delight as he turned us around. Peter had asked to start dating me  6 months after we met on the train station platform. I had excepted of course there was something about him that made me never want to let him go. He put me down and turned me to face him.

"Katharine are you happy with me" I sobered up to answer his question

"Yes of course, why would you ask such a question?" i wondered

"because I had something to ask you. You know I've been prone to do things out of the blue and not think them through. But this i have thought nothing but it, which is why I asked your Uncle and Aunt for their blessing and permission." he got down on one knee i gasped

"Peter are you..." i trailed off

"Katharine would you do the honour of becoming my wife" he asked

"yes a thousand times yes" i hugged him and smiled as he slipped the ring onto my finger.

"i love you" he grinned

"i love you too"

-Lucy-

"mother and father hope you don't mind spending another few more months in Cambridge" I read out.

"a few more months how will we survive" i sighed

"be grateful you have your own room I'm stuck with mullet mouth. What does Peter and Katharine say" i took the letter and opened it.

Our Dearest Edmund and Lucy

We hope you are both well and not causing not too much trouble with your cousin. All though Peter thinks he deserves everything you give him. There is a reason that i write this letter on behalf of me and your brother and that is to announce we are engaged. Peter propose to me not a day ago and i wanted to share the news with you. We are still practicing for out entrance exams which means the wedding won't take place till after that time. I am absolutely ecstatic that soon i will be joining your family.

We're afraid that's all we have time for. The Professor is calling us back. Can't wait to see you both.

With Love

Katharine and Peter

"i can't believe he finally asked her he's been secretly thinking about it for months." Edmund snickered

"how romantic" i sighed i was happy i was getting another sister.

---------------------------------------

We stood in the map room. We were back in Narnia and I couldn't be happier.

"And Caspian have you found a Queen in those three years" I brushed a hair behind my ear.

"None to match you sister no. What about you have you found my sister in your world."

"We did actually right after we went back. She bumped into Peter except in our world she's not called Katerina but Katharine" Ed informed our friend

"Yes and they're engaged to be married" i chirped he gave a fond smile

"I'm glad she's happy. Does she speak of me" my smile dropped.

"Caspian, I think when Aslan created a new life for them and gave them a fresh start. Well i think it meant taking away what was before. I'm sorry but she doesn't remember you or Narnia." his face dropped

"oh"

"but she still wears the rings you gave her. She knows they belong to her parents but she thinks they died in the war. And she has a pet cat called Suncloud she's forgotten most things but something's like names still remain" i told him in hopes of comforting him.

"as long as she's happy that's all i could ask for.

----------------------------------

Caspian watched as the waves closed round his friends. He then turned to Aslan

"Aslan Lucy told me of my sister life and that she doesn't remember me."

"that is right my son. If the remembered their old lives then it would be difficult for them to ajust. giving then different ones makes it easier. But i kept my promise, she will have a good life"

"Thank You"

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Katharine-

I stood over the graveside with Susan and held her hand. Peter, Lucy, Edmund, Eustace, Professor Kirke, Helen and William. I wiped my tears as i mourned them, the train derailed and the all died. I stood over Peter's grave.

"why did you have to leave? I'm all alone and it will be worse because you won't be here to help me....to share my joy, our joy. I'm Pregnant Peter and you're not here" I sobbed Susan held me tightly as she walked us away.

"I was going to tell him when he came back." I told Susan.  "But I never got the chance" We had been married two years that's all.

"I am going to help you Katharine. I promise"

-------

"PJ! Caspian! Dinner's ready" i called the two 10 year old boys ran down the stairs and too the table.

"Thanks Mum!" the grinned together about to tuck in i slapped their hands

"ah ha what do we do before we eat"

"Say grace" we bowed our head and said grace before the tucked in.

"Mum?" Caspian asked

"Yeah" i asked eating

"How come you never re married" i stopped

"Caspian" PJ hissed at his twin

"No it's alright. I love your father, I always will even though he would want me to move one i could not bear another man take his place. I love him and only him that way. Does that answer your question." Caspian nodded

"what was he like" Pj questioned

"Charming, Annoying, Loving, Hard working. But also secretive, i always felt he more knew than he was letting on but such was your father if it was important he would have told me."

--PJ (Peter Junior)--

After dinner we ran back up to the attic i grabbed the papers that where in a boxed marked my fathers. It was writings of a magical land and that him our Uncle and Aunts travelled there. There was also apart where he said he fell in love with a girl called Katerina who had a brother called Caspian. We also read that when they came back he found Katerina but she was now called Katharine.

"Should we tell Mum" Cas asked

"No if what Dad says in here is right she might not be able to take it. There was a reason why this Aslan took away her memories."  he nodded

"So if what Dad says is true we have a Uncle we never knew and she never remembered"

"Yes"

"Cool"