Chapter Eight: First Experience of the Night Life

Do you love me even more for uploading faster than ever before?

Of course you do! Who's yo momma babies? ;*

___________________________________

Hate Me, Love Me:

Chapter Eight: First Experience of the Night Life

I couldn’t sleep that night after Riley left.

I kept tossing and turning at what he said. His words echoing in my mind as a constant warning to keep my grounded in my own little box. After my state of shock of Riley finding out about the kiss shared between Kat and I, he was set to give me a warning. A warning to keep me away from the girl who’s eyes trapped me in a hypnotic trance. I understood where he was coming from. I knew nothing of the girl besides her name and her relation with Riley as well as the stories being shared throughout the school. 

I tried closing my eyes and begged sleep to come but all my mind did was replay Riley’s words.

“You can’t tell Ivan,” I pleaded, quickly getting in his way before he went to the living room with my brother. 

I could hear Ivan’s laughter from the living room, oblivious of this conversation being held. Riley was staring at me, his gray eyes didn’t swim with amusement anymore but a more serious look. That saying of shaking in my boots was perfect right now as this boy in front of me intimidated me. He must have grown a few inches taller as he towered over me with a stoic mask covering his emotions. He was frightening to say the least. If I thought Ivan being serious when it came to my safety was scary, Riley beat him to the punch. 

“I don’t know what he’ll do if he found out,” I continued, gnawing at my bottom lip as I looked away from his intense eyes and drifted my attention to my hands as I tugged at the hem of my shirt. “He’ll probably kill her if he knew that we kissed. I mean, they‘re best friends from what I‘ve heard from Ivan.”

“He would,” Riley immediately said, his tone far more deeper and serious. “I won’t tell him but you have to promise me this, Mabel. Kat isn’t…how can I put this? She’s not…good especially for you. It’s best if you kept your distance.”

“What do you mean?” I looked at him, confusion settling on my features once again.

“You and I both know what I’m talking about,” was all he said before moving passed me and headed to the living room.

I stared at the place Riley used to be, my eyebrows furrowing together as I tried to collect my thoughts as they bounced throughout my mind. Could it be true? Could Kat be dangerous as the rumors say to be? Did she actually hurt Gladis?

I looked back to the living room to see Riley stealing a glance over his shoulder at me. 

But how dangerous could Kat be is the question…

After that, I went up to my room and locked myself in. I didn’t want those thoughts to invade my mind of what level of dangerous Kat was. I never felt endangered when I was around her. I was busy being in my own thoughts than to notice my comfort being around her. 

The next day I avoided Shirley and Celeste once again. I don’t know why I avoided Celeste when she wasn’t the one who humiliated me. It was Shirley but still, Celeste always took Shirley’s side. For some reason, that bugged me. A lot. I thought best friends stick for each other no matter who was in the wrong. But then again, Celeste and Shirley knew each other more than I did. I was the loner they pitied and decided to be friends with.