Chapter Thirteen: When the Lioness Teaches a Lesson

I'M FINALLY 20!! (my birffday is september 10 btw to those who live in other places where it's already september 11) woot woot! No more teen years. So, this is my gift to all of my beautiful and loving and supporting padawans. 

I'm sorry I havent been updating (I had previously said that I would be updating on Sunday but work has got me by an iron fist and my fall semester has started so now, my schedule is busy busy busy.) But I'll do my best to update more often :D

-Continue being yourself and don't let no one else try to throw you off your game. <3

Enjoy.!

*UNEDITED

____________________________________________

Hate Me, Love Me:

Chapter Thirteen: When the Lioness Teaches a Lesson

I wasn’t expecting any of this. 

All I could ever imagined was Evelyn driving to a seedy part of town to where outcasts and other hooligans roamed. She would probably had taken us to a party where there was no limits and every kind of drug was passed around and the people would be too drunk to even notice whether they were sharing a syringe or not. But that wasn’t the case at all. Although, I did get the first part right. Evelyn did drive out to the outskirts of town where only trees surrounded us. 

Throughout the whole car ride, I discovered something from the two people sitting upfront. They bickered at each other like an old married couple. Insults were thrown left and right and if it weren’t for Riley smirking at Evelyn after each insult he threw at her, I would have thought they were literally despising each other. Not only that, being in the same car with Kat was unbearable. The only space between us wasn’t enough for me to still feel the heat from her. 

I did my very best to not look her way but I couldn’t help but steal glances at her only to see her amused on Riley and Evelyn’s bickering. Sometimes she would be on her phone, typing away with a slight frown on her lips. My eyes would betray me most of the time. Kat shouldn’t have worn that crop top and let me ogle her inked stomach the whole time. I wouldn’t be surprised if she caught me staring at her. Who wouldn’t stare at Kat. She was the epitome of an actual tattooed goddess. Aphrodite had nothing on her. 

Soon the highway we were one suddenly curved and a warehouse came into view. A drop of fear iced through my veins as I gazed at the warehouse that had large evergreen trees standing proud behind it. From afar, it looked like a rundown warehouse and I could see a few windows shattered. If it weren’t for Riley grinning like an excited little boy and jumping in his seat, I would have thought Evelyn had planned for my death. 

Evelyn parked the car and quickly turned it off before turning to look back at me with a mischievous smirk on her lips. “Don’t look frighten, Mabel. I forgot to bring my chainsaw so you’re safe.”

Kat chuckled beside me and stepped out of the car soon followed by Evelyn and Riley.

I swallowed down the fear and timidly got out of the car only to see Riley already at my side with a grin on his face. Just seeing him smiling eased the fear that was slowly becoming more of a smothering blanket over me. They wanted to show me a good time and prove that Shirley and Celeste weren’t good for me. 

“Nothing would happen, Mabel,” he assured me, wrapping his arm over my shoulder and began leading me to the warehouse. “Yet…”

My eyes snapped up at him in fear as he only laughed at his own sense of amusement. What have I gotten myself into?, was the only thought that echoed my mind as I watched Evelyn open the large wooden doors and disappeared inside the darkness. Not a second later, the whole entire room was illuminated and Evelyn reappeared with a large grin - larger than Riley’s and it seemed eerily unusual.