Chapter One: Bittersweet Kiss

As for this being the first chapter, something to quench your thirst ;D <3

"...Easy come, easy go. That's just how you live, oh. Take, take, take it all. But you never give. Should've known you was trouble. From the first kiss..."

VOTE. COMMENT. FAN. <3

P.S.  I apologize for the misspelling T^T I'll proofread it later ~.~

- NEVER let someone put you down. You are your own authority, your own person. Keep walking this earth with your head held up high and your hopes clenched tightly in your fists.

____________________________________

Hate Me, Love Me:

Chapter One: Bittersweet Kiss

My room.

It was my sanctuary.

A place that saw my tears and heard my secrets.

My safe haven.

And that's where I wanted to be right now.

The loud chattering and laughter rang in my ears as it bounced off the walls of the classroom. Scents of perfume, marijuana, and cologne hovered in the air as the substitute teacher sat behind the desk, tuning the sounds around him by listening to his portable TV, his headphones glued to the side of his head. I sighed heavily, trying to concentrate on the Economy notes before me yet the girls sitting in front of me was making it impossible to study. I wanted to slap the back of their heads and tell them to shut up but I could never do that.

I was that shy girl in the back of the class with her nose deep into her books. The grade A student throughout middle school to now: Senior year. No one knew my name nor acknowledged me. I was just an ordinary, quiet nerd who only had two friends. I never minded if I was a loner. I wasn't bothered by anyone. While all teenagers explored life outside of their rooms, I stayed hidden in mine. That's where the real me came out. Where I came out of my comfort zone and danced with the music to its highest peak, singing along with my hands in the air.

That was the place I needed to be in, secluded from the world and society's judgement.

A place that was once my haven...

*     *     *     *

"You would love me knowing what I am?" He asked almost in a whispering voice but in the quiet, dark hall, his voice sounded like thunder in her ears.

The way he stared deep into her cerulean blue eyes with an unreadable emotion brought shivers up her spine. Not in fear but in delight. Was it possible to have fallen in love so quickly without realizing it from the start? Can you resist yourself from falling endlessly in love with a person who isn't meant to be loved? A dangerous person who risks their life to survive? Those questions plagued her mind like the vivid dreams she had in her sleep yet just by staring into his silvery green eyes that held so many secrets, so many stories, she came to her decision.

"I don't care--"

"BORING!"

I gritted my teeth, glaring at one of my best friends, Shirley Matthews, who stifled a giggle, clearly amused that she interrupted my reading. Of course she would do anything from keeping a book in my grasp. I wanted to smack her for interrupting me but I just sighed, bookmarking my page, saving it for later. Yet my mind yearned for the upcoming events in the book. Like a ravenous beast my mind was, I couldn't control the hunger to read more. Read until the last page is turned.