Chapter Eleven: Matching Bruises and a Tempting Proposition

The only thing I'm gonna say here is: Are you guys ready to finally enter the lifestyle of Kat and her friends after this chapter?

;DDDDDD

*Unedited as always <3

_____________________________________________

Hate Me, Love Me:

Chapter Eleven:  Matching Bruises and a Tempting Proposition

“Does it look bad?”

I stared at my best friends who stood in front of me, their eyes focused on the left side of my face. Their heads were tilted to the side as they continued to examine on what it appears to be a forming bruise. It hurt each time I try to smile or when I scrunch up my nose. 

I was still in shock on what just happened earlier. My mind couldn’t completely grasp on the idea of being punched but it happened. I had the evidence slowly forming on my cheek. I don’t know how I would tell Ivan as to why I had a bruise but hopefully someone would tell him before me. I was afraid of to see his reaction towards it. Shirley and Celeste continued to remain silent as they both ponder on what’s the correct way to sugarcoat my appearance. 

After Josh had punched me in the face, everything had suddenly took a turn for the worse. I had fallen to the ground from the impact, clutching my face as I stared up at Josh, unable to think of a reason as to why he would hit a girl. It was frown upon for a man to hit a woman in this society and here he was looming over me with a satisfied smirk on his face, unknowing to what was seething behind him. Kat’s friends had gaped at what happened, staring at me with disbelief etched across their faces.

Riley and Evelyn had taken a step towards me but stopped when Kat suddenly tackled Josh to the ground beginning to pound him with her fists. I had the first seat in everything when Josh’s friends retaliated and were about to make the fight between Josh and Kat uneven but Kat’s friends were at her side immediately. Grunts and skin hitting skin were the only sounds coming from the scene in front of me. I was paralyzed, unable to tear my eyes away from them as they continued to fight. 

Kat hadn’t lessen her heavy punches as she continued to bash Josh. She hardly flinched as blood spewed out of his mouth. His face becoming bloody unable to be recognized. I felt arms grabbing my arms and pulled me to my feet, beginning to pull me away when the sound of police sirens pierced the tension between these two groups. Josh’s friends scampered away as soon as the sirens were heard. One of them stayed, trying his best to stop Kat from bashing his face in but it was no avail. She continued to fight Josh. 

Left fist. Right fist. 

Again. Again. And again.

“Kat, c’mon,” Riley had said, gripping her shoulders, trying to pull her off of Josh. “The cops are coming. Let’s go, Kat.”

“Yeah,” Josh croaked out, smirking a little before he winced. “Don’t want to end up like your dad, do ya, Kat?”

“You’re dead meat,” Kat seethed, gripping his neck tightly until he began to gasp for air. 

Riley and another Skinhead and pulled Kat away from Josh and started tugging her away from the bloody guy. Josh’s friend quickly grabbed onto Josh and carried him away before the cops could arrive. 

Shirley and Celeste had taken me back to my house and we were now standing in my bathroom with me sitting on the counter. Ivan was still at work, oblivious that his sister had gotten punched. I was still hoping that someone who might have seen everything ran to Ivan and told him everything. I wouldn’t be getting the entire fury that was Ivan Sanders if that did happen. He would want to seek out for Josh himself and give him another round of punches to his face.