Meeting My Maker

*Hello all! I am so sorry that is has been years since I have updated. Life has been extremely difficult, busy and hectic. But I am back and plan on updating atleast one chapter of my two main books once a week! Thank you to those who are still reading and welcome new readers! please keep in mind guys that I am not up to date with any of The Originals episodes and I'm just creating my own story. Some things I will include of what I've seen. And if there are any in accurate things I apologize but this is how I want my story to go. Also I own none of the cast or characters except Clarke and Heath that I'll mention and I might add another new character as part of her back story.*

She stared at me with a mix of emotions in her eyes. I did what I do best. I ran. Straight to where she would end up eventually, but it was the only place I knew to run to.

As I entered the house a hard chest stopped my movements. I stumbled back and looked up at the stormy blue eyes in front of me. They stared back with concern and I could see the anger behind them. Klaus.

"Darling what happened?" He spoke with reserved concern.

"Rebekah's in town." I sighed.

"Ah. She finally comes when summoned." He mumbled unamused.

"Well she's here and I saw her. And I just ran. I don't know what's going to happen when we finally meet but I'm just not mentally prepared for that yet." I rushed out.

"Well love. I was off to blow off some steam anyways. Baby momma drama." He grumbled. I knew this has to be hard on him. A child, with no real father figure to guide him to be a good father. And a mother who despised the father couldn't help his case very much.

"Wanna go get hammered?" I questioned amusement and trouble gleaming in my blue-green eyes.

"That is a brilliant idea love." Kol spoke from behind me. I turned and glared at him.

"Yeah. This is a me and Klaus thing. Not an arrogant asshole, Klaus and me thing. So have fun sitting at home with the hormonal werewolf, big brother and I'm sure soon little sister. Bye!" I growled at him and sped walked off.

I heard Klaus chuckle and say "Tata little bro. Looks like it's just me and the feisty one on this adventure."

He then matched my pace and walked me to town. And as New Orleans is every night it was a party scene. People of all races, cultures and sizes were combing the streets. Some drunk, some high, and some just enjoying the sober night life.

We stopped off at the vampire bar and took some shots! Marcel joined us after our second round.

"So, how is it that all the vampires I've met all know each other. That seams kind of odd," I asked the pair of handsome men with me.

"Let's move over to a private booth in the VIP area. I don't like everyone around listening. I have some spelled sage for privacy." Marcel spoke first. 

We followed him to a booth in the back of the bar, an ash tray sat in the center of the table with some bundled sage. Marcel used a match to light it. 

I sat on one side of the booth and Klaus joined next to me, Marcel sitting across from us.

"Klaus and I go way back, he saved me from a life of slavery" I saw a flash of anger in Marcels eyes as he remembered the past.

"The defiant governors bastard who threw an apple at the slave overseer after a whipping. I knew he deserved a better chance. So I took him with us. Raised him as my own. Turned him vampire when he was ready." Klaus spoke with amusement and pride.

That explains why Marcel didn't want to be overheard. A king who is actually a prince doesn't lead to loyal subjects. 

"And then took his love away when his loyalty wavered." Rebekah spoke as she sat beside Marcel.

"Rebekah, you're here, you're alive." Marcel was in shock and awe at seeing her beside him. 

I froze just staring at her in disbelief.

"Dear sister, it was you who took my protege first. I only want my wishes to be respected. You however have no respect." Klaus stared coldly at his sister

She smirked at him as if it was a sibling game or something. Then she turned her icy blue eyes at me. 

"How are you?" She spoke softly as if I was an old friend. 

This broke my frozen state. "How am I? Are you for real? You ruined my life. You took my life. You took my memories and left me in the woods to die or kill an innocent." I spat my words at her like venom.

Her eyes were shocked and her mouth fell open in the shape of an 'O' she composed herself quickly and turned her eyes to Marcel who was just full of confusion.

"That's one way to think of it. But without your memories, how would you know the truth of it?" She spoke calmly, I could see pain behind her eyes.

"Well how would she know anything with you just leaving her there to fend for herself?" Klaus snapped at her.

I adore that the big bad wolf is on my side.

"I didn't have a choice, the Salvatores were bringing people back from the other side. What if Mikel had crossed over? He would come after us again, I had to run." She retorted.

"Why did you turn me and take my memories?" I whispered to not have my voice break, I am so tired of these heightened emotions.

"I turned you because you begged me to, I took your human memories because they caused you so much pain. I took your vampire memories so I could not be found." She spoke with anger and sympathy at the same time. I couldn't understand it.

"I need to know what happened. I can't live with these blank holes in my mind." I spoke with confidence. Yet I was terrified to know.

"Okay. I will help you get your memories back, but not here. Not now." She spoke "Now we celebrate our reunion." 

With that a server came by with a tray full of shots.