03

I have been waiting for this episode! Magnus and Alec meet! (Also yes I know I squished episodes 1-3 together) This took a little longer to write than normal as I had to rewatch the episode a few times to help make the chapter perfect, so I hope you enjoy it.

___________________

We all sat around Hodge in a control room as he explained who Magnus was to Clary. He was the one who took her memories and I couldn't help but wonder if he actually kept them, it seemed like a stupid thing to me. Especially if he was somehow captured. He would be tortured for his information, so there was only one option. He would have fed the memories to a demon for safe keeping. 

"Can you two focus? This is not a joke." Alec's voice pulled me from my thoughts. I saw that he was talking to Izzy and Clary and I almost wanted to giggle but I held it in. What made me smirk and hold it in was when Izzy said Alec needed to get slayed. 

"Alec's right, Now Magnus is one of the most powerful Warlocks I've ever known. He has a deep mistrust of Shadowhunters." Hodge explained. 

"Then why did he help my mom remove my memories? Wasn't she a Shadowhunter?" 

"Yes, One of the best but help might not be the most accurate word. Now did Magnus provide a service for Jocelyn, perhaps? But more than likely your mother paid him handsomely for his magic." Hodge continued to explain to Clary. 

He was right, even though I chose to hide who I was I still helped Dot out with a few clients when needed and payment was always required. It's how I got my favorite leather jacket. Which reminded me I needed to either magic it to the Institute or just go get it. I missed it as it literally goes with everything. 

I was pulled from my thoughts as I heard Izzy mention we would lure Magnus out and meet him at a Downworlder Rave. They have one every year and I remember last years even if I was only there for a few hours. I mean I did go home with a Seelie so it was worth it. 

"Come with me." All of us then followed Hodge to a part of the Institute and drew a rune on the floor which then opened up and revealed a vault. Interesting maybe I could make something like this at my own place if I were to ever get one. 

He then pulled out a striking necklace with a rather large ruby in the middle. I could see how big Izzy's eyes got and how much she wanted the necklace and would be sad to see it go. I couldn't blame her, it was gorgeous. When Hodge then mentioned that it was a gift to his then lover Camille I cringed slightly. I remember my time with her and I always put it in the back of my mind that we shared a lover. Not that it bothered me sharing someone it was more I fell into her trap and had to claw my way out from her clutches. Which I'd imagine Magnus had to as well. 

 I was getting ready in Izzy's room with little to no help from her. I already knew what I was going to wear and Izzy was quite impressed. I used magic to get my leather jacket to me completing my outfit and I felt perfect in what I was wearing.