07

I am so so sorry that this is like a month late. I was just a mess this past month with getting sick and then my internet issues but its a long chapter and I hope makes up for it. We are getting so close to the end of Season 1 and its gonna be so good for what I have planned! Anyways I hope you enjoy this chapter. :) 

_________________

Alec and I were looking at the Institutes security while Jace and Clary made googly eyes at each other and the cup. I gently rubbed Alec's hand in comfort. 

Jace came over to us as Clary put the cup back into the Tarot card. "No Downworlder can come into the Institute."

"Not without an invite from a Shadowhunter."

"Last I checked Valentine is a Shadowhunter. Cup is not safe here we have to give it back to the Clave." Alec spoke up as he crossed his arms over his chest. 

"Give it back to the Clave? No. Not after everything we went through to get it." 

"My brother is right. The cup is extremely important." I could only nod my head in agreement. 

"Are you agreeing with me?" 

"Full of surprises." I could only smirk in Izzy's direction. 

"This cup is the one chance at getting my mom back." 

"Look, Clary, Izzy, and Alec are right. The cup needs to go back to the Clave." 

"I agree with Clary." I rolled my eyes at Jace. Of course, he would agree with her. "We can't give the cup to the clave, not now. We need it. It's our only bargaining chip." 

"Look I know how powerful this cup is. It has the power to create new Shadowhunters. Control demons and even kill a mundane if they drank from it but I promise you I will not let that monster ever get his hands on it." 

"There you go. You have her word." As if that was enough. The cup wasn't safe in anyone's hands. I understood how much Clary wanted the cup back but even her word wasn't enough. I gave Alec a look.

"Follow me." Clary walked behind Alec to secure it in the Institutes vault. 

I continued to just watch the perimeter when I noticed a something off and then the alarm started going off. A Downworlder was close. 

"What's happening?" Clary seemed worried. 

"Looks like someone is trying to break in." 

"It could be the Circle." Jace cut in. 

I immediately went into defensive mode but something felt off about this whole situation. We had just got the cup and I doubted Valentine would just attack the Institute straight on, even if he wanted the cup that bad. He is to smart for that. I had my daggers in my hands as we made our way outside the Institute. When we got there I saw someone slinking in the shadows holding something or someone. When Alec told whoever it was to turn around my stomach dropped for Clary. 

"Oh my god, Simon." Clary's voice cracked. 

Jace and Rafael took to setting Simon down while Alec and I held back.

"People are going to be wondering what we found outside the perimeter."

"I'll go and tell them we didn't find anything. Nobody will come down here."

"I'll go to in case we need to smooth things over with Maryse." 

Then Alec and I took our leave.