05

I'm sorry this was supposed to be up yesterday! I hope you enjoy this chapter. Afterall after this Alec, Magnus, and Elena all grow closer but get torn apart at the same time ;) Who's ready for loads of feels soon. 

________________________

Upon entering the Institute I immediately went towards my room to change into a set of clean clothes. I knew Magnus could help Luke more than I could and he knew if he needed extra magic or energy he could always call Alec or me. I slipped on a black crop top and a pair of velvet gym shorts. 

When I was in the training room I slid in my headphones to drowned out the noises around me

When I was in the training room I slid in my headphones to drowned out the noises around me. I couldn't be distracted now. Marye would be looking for me soon enough and I knew I would have to impress her more than I had before. I held dual daggers in my hands as I slowly made my way through the movements only to get faster each time. As if my body already knew what to do the energy flowed through me. I caught sight of Maryse talking to a distraught looking Izzy but I knew I shouldn't interrupt and instead I should focus on my training. 

I could feel my phone buzzing from the armband that held it but I didn't bother to answer. Jace could wait. My phone continued to buzz with Jace's name and I grew annoyed. Why the hell would he be calling me?

"What Jace?" 

"Magnus needs you and Alec's energy to help Luke. Please come help." I rolled my eyes at his plea. I knew Magnus would be needing my help. Saving a werewolf from an Alpha bite was a lot of work. "Also help convince ALec for me, will you?" I nodded even though he couldn't see me.

"Yea I will do what I can and we will be there as soon as possible." I hung up not bothering to wait for a reply. I guess I would need to put on some shoes and possibly a jacket. 

I rolled my shoulders as I set my daggers down and started punching a bag that was set off to the side I didn't even notice Alec come in until he touched my shoulder. 

"Hey, you alright?" I didn't know why he was asking me this question. Sure Luke was a good man and a father figure for Clary but I wasn't one for attachments or at least I wasn't until lately. NOw I felt attachments to many people.

"Yea I'm fine. I just got a call from Jace apparently Clary needs our help to save Luke well more Magnus needs our help, our energy." My tone underlining the fact that Magnus probably needed my magic to help him. 

"I know I got the same call but we need to stop interfering with Downworlder business. You and I both know that. We are Shadowhunters for a reason." 

"I know and I understand where you are coming from but if I do end up going to help I wouldn't be going for Luke or Clary or even Jace I would be going for Magnus because he needs our help. That's all." Alec's eyes spoke to me more than he cared to admit and I could see how conflicted he was about everything lately. I only wished I could help him more.