two

to   trust

your p.o.v

          Flinching whenever I moved my shoulder too much, I woke up the next night in a slightly dazed state. My memories of the prior night are foggy, barely there if at all. Something about vampires and how familiar they look. That's it. Though I assume I was bitten by one of them considering I now have sore and slightly bruising bite marks on my shoulder just barely visible from where the collar of my shirt slips down some.

          I grimaced at the sight of the blood staining this large shirt that's far too large to be my own. It's something a guy would wear and of course those bite wounds would bleed in the middle of the night from me shifting around. It's not like I could escape with nothing bad happening now could I?

          "You're alright, don't panic."

          With a sigh, I reluctantly pushed myself to sit up and took a good look around the room I'm currently in.

          The walls are an offwhite color, the bed fitted with purple almost hot pink colored silk sheets that have just the smallest amount of my blood now staining them thanks to my shoulder. There's a desk to my left, a vanity mirror hanging just above that. The dresser in front of the bed has a few knickknacks sitting atop it. And directly to my left, there's a set of double glass doors that lead to a balcony, the fleeting sunlight pouring in and slowly diminishing as the night grows nearer and nearer.

I hesitantly swing my legs over the edge of the bed and unsteadily stand up. That vampire took more of my blood than I originally thought because I feel so weak, my limbs heavy and struggling to listen to what I tell them to do. It's almost painful enough that I'd rather just continue sleeping and try again on a later date to move around like a functioning member of society.

          With a soft click, the two glass doors opened and revealed the large balcony in all of its glory, the curtains blowing just the smallest bit from the sudden gust of chilled wind that poured into the bedroom. I approached the railing and tentatively peered out to the beautiful rose garden down below in the back of the estate.

          It really is beautiful outside what with it being right when the sun is just beginning to set. I think I've always liked this time of day the most. That moment when the night is beginning to take over and the moon will rise in place of the sun, nothing left in its wake once it falls beneath the horizon. A darkness falling over the earth's surface like a comforting blanket.

          "Are you trying to decide whether or not you'd survive jumping?"

          I turned at the sound of the albino vampires voice, his blood red eyes already focused on me. "Not particularly. The night is just beginning and I find it beautiful. Don't you?"

          "What, the sunset?" He asked to which I nodded. "It's just a sunset. Nothing special about it."

          "Well, I find it beautiful. Just like the roses down there." I responded as I looked down at the rose garden.

          The albino sighed. "You don't know my name do you?"

          I glanced to him with knitted brows. "Did you tell me it?"

          "Subaru," he said, "we all told you our names yesterday."

          "Subaru..." I repeated.

          A small memory suddenly flashed through my thoughts like afterimages.

There was a young boy with striking blood red eyes and pure white hair just like his mothers walking down a castles long hallway. A smile danced across his lips while his mother, a truly beautiful young woman with a gentle smile of her own, happily held his hand, her long white hair cascading down her shoulders. That castle looks so familiar and so does the young boy and mother. They don't notice the young girl watching from around the corner behind them, the girl far too concerned that she might disrupt their time together to possibly run after and join them.